What to get for my integra engine....

ProjectHoku

Seibikojo Hoku
hey, im planning to upgrade my 94 integra LS motor, but i have like no clue what to put in....like can someone plz explan sum engine stuff...im thinking of sumthing cheap to get that can give my car sum power boost...any ideas?

94tegT3 turbo

Hey man, i have a 94 Integra LS so i can help you out on this one cause i've been there. The first basic engine mod i did was an intake, it's easy to install and gives you 10-15 hp. Another simple boost would be pulleys and cam gears. Although i just got that a few weeks, its a basic mod. Other than that, i think everything else costs quite a bit of money. Maybe some other members can tell u some more "basic modifications." I hope i helped, peace.

DownShift96GSR

Intake and pulleys are 2 good mods, but the cam gears I'd hold out on until you got camshafts. Other than that, there's not really a cheap mod. Unless you got a good friend that hooks you up or you hit ebay. Do an intake, header, cat, exhaust and pulleys and you'll see some good gains. Use Ebay to your advantage for sure.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Since you already have an intake and exhaust taken care of, I'd get a high flow cat next. A 2.25 inch Carsound cat would be ideal for your present setup. Carsound is, in my opinion, the highest quality cat out there. I see you live in California, so you'll like to hear that the Carsound comes with a guarantee that you'll pass smog tests for the first 25,000 miles of the cat's life. I also see that your Teg is 10 years old, so your factory cat is probably pretty gunky and clogged up a bit inside, so a new cat could benefit you greatly and free up some HP that's always been there. Would cost you about $150-175 (for the cat, hardware and labor) installed, and the sound they make is dope!
Cam gears? Not a cost effective mod for you a this point. Simply installing a new set of gears to factory cams won't do a damn thing, they are a tool used to tune the cams themselves. You'll be paying 2x to 3x the price of the gears for a dyno session and to pay for someone to tune your factory cams. I've never seen any dyno results of someone tuning factory cams, but I'm sure it ain't worth it.
And trust me, your not getting a 10-15 HP jump from an intake. I don't care if its short ram, cold air, what its made out of or what brand it is.

Last edited:

94tegT3 turbo

TegSox said:
Since you already have an intake and exhaust taken care of, I'd get a high flow cat next. A 2.25 inch Carsound cat would be ideal for your present setup. Carsound is, in my opinion, the highest quality cat out there. I see you live in California, so you'll like to hear that the Carsound comes with a guarantee that you'll pass smog tests for the first 25,000 miles of the cat's life. I also see that your Teg is 12 years old, so your factory cat is probably pretty gunky and clogged up a bit inside, so a new cat could benefit you greatly and free up some HP that's always been there. Would cost you about $150-175 (for the cat, hardware and labor) installed, and the sound they make is dope!
Cam gears? Not a cost effective mod for you a this point. Simply installing a new set of gears to factory cams won't do a damn thing, they are a tool used to tune the cams themselves. You'll be paying 2x to 3x the price of the gears for a dyno session and to pay for someone to tune your factory cams. I've never seen any dyno results of someone tuning factory cams, but I'm sure it ain't worth it.
And trust me, your not getting a 10-15 HP jump from an intake. I don't care if its short ram, cold air, what its made out of or what brand it is.
How much HP increase do u think an intake will give you?

DownShift96GSR

94tegT3 turbo said:
How much HP increase do u think an intake will give you?
The average HP gain that I've seen on intakes is anywhere from 3-8 HP. It all depends on the engine.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I thought I'd share a new piece of info I recently learned. It isn't possible to tune your cams with the stock cam gears.

Baldy201

TegSox said:
I thought I'd share a new piece of info I recently learned. It isn't possible to tune your cams with the stock cam gears.
What do you mean "isn't possible"? like change cam timing, or fuel tune with out adj. Cam gears?