What type of oil should I run?

Havok114

I've been running royal purple 10w30 but I feel like its to thin I have a ls with I/H/E + a 75 shot of nitrous I live in arizona were its like 110 during the summer should I change to Mobil 1 High Mileage 10W-40 ? My moror has 130k ,

crash.1340

I've been running royal purple 10w30 but I feel like its to thin I have a ls with I/H/E + a 75 shot of nitrous I live in arizona were its like 110 during the summer should I change to Mobil 1 High Mileage 10W-40 ? My moror has 130k ,
A) I don't suggest Royal Purple in a lawnmower, as they do not guarantee anything. Amsoil and Castrol are the only two I will personally ever use
B) 10W30 is rather thin for my 286,000 mile 94 LS completely stock (except for a cheapo short-ram intake). The poor car has been abused all its life and severely neglected. Because of this, I use Castrol GTX High Mileage Synthetic Blend. You may use purely synthetic or purely conventional or whatever you wish, just keep in mind that when comparing synthetic and conventional oils of the same viscosity ratings (5W30, 10W30, etc) the synthetic oil has much smaller molecules, therefore if you have a small leak or burn oil slightly, synthetic oils will do nothing but amplify the problem. Amsoil only comes in purely synthetic blends, so keep that in mind. Also, if possible, stay away from FRAM filters at all costs, they are made out of cardboard and cheap designs. I personally recommend WIX filters, and nothing less. Look on Youtube, you'll figure out why.

Jvest

*GET SHOOK*
Gastrol gtx 10w30 is all I run.
Never let me down:D I also agree about never using fram filters. Wix is the way to go.
Also I'm pretty sure ur motor calls for 5w30 so I would stick with 10w30 and no higher unless u burn oil. And 130K isn't that high of mileage for an ls.
Hope that helps...