What's a good header for my LS?

bigbro6785

I am planning on buying some headers for my ls, but i dont know which ones i should get. I am thinking either dc or greddy, but im not sure. What are the best headers out there?

SlyDC2

let me be the first to point out its header not headerS unless.. you have 2 cars. ANYWAY dc is cheap, greddy is a little better but still on the cheaper side. if i were you i'd get a JDM dc 4-1 or a stock itr... but depending on how much you even want to spend it changes. so. yea. i'm done now

Baldy201

SlyDC2- How come the JDM header will be better? Any testimony to back this up? It is all about engine package. If you are going to just have basic bolt ons thenthe JDM 4-1 is too big. Comptech has good headers. They are a stepped design, and feature a 2" collector which will pe perfect for basic bolt ons on an LS. It is also a 4-2-1 which has perfect mid-range power which is great for the LS since it has a lower redline. any more Questions just ask and I or someone else will try to answer them the best we can.

SlyDC2

he didnt say anything specific with where he wants to go with his car nor his engine set up so i didnt feel like i had to give him any great ideas for a major set up, which he doesnt even seem to want. anyway the jdm dc 4-1 just through word of mouth is supposed to be the only halfway decent dc product and a fair header but it sits low on the bottom so it'll get smashed if your car is lowered. i dont have either of them but thats what i get from asking around and looking at different headers on the market. btw comptech is obviously known for good products so its obvious to say they make a good header but for my money i'd rather get something else, dunno what yet but whatever

and call me sally, please :cool:

Last edited:

bigbro6785

does anyone have a race header on their integra? Only RH I've seen for out cars is Jun...anybody heard of this brand or know if they're a good company? I'm thinking about going this route since a friend with a RSX gained quite a bit of hp with the jackson racing race header.

Dsanchez16

just got a dc 4-1

The dc sports header's cant be beat when you compare price to quality. For 250 bucks i picked up a ceramic header 4-1, if you need more direct power go with the 4-2-1 model. I believe that this header is the best product you can get for under 300$.....anyways it's just a header save your money for parts where quality really matters ( I.e. Cams/pistons/springs)

Just my two cents :-D

Baldy201

Bigbro6785- If you get too big of an exhaust you will end up looding power. Also the RSX has a 2.0L engine where as ours is a 1.8 so it flows more air. Please explain race headers more, are you talking about headers that are used for race only and dont have to be attached to a cat? Or race headers as in like headers with 2.5" collectors and used for big exhaust systems that put out big power.

Honestly you will not be needing a big header like JUN or Spoon, even SMSP or Hytec cause they have 2.5" collectors. Unless you plan on building a 2.0L engine or one that can rev to 8500rpm just stick with something like DC, Gready, Comptech.

Sorry if I have made any one mad or anything by putting you down for bad choices or what not. But It is kinda hard to suggest a header with out knowing what you want out of it. Do you want top end power, or more mid range that you would be able to feel on the streets? Answer these questions and then we can give you an educated guess on what type of header is good for you. I bet you didnt know that there was so much thought that goes into purchaseing a header? :wink:

Delerious

i agree, however, most people i have talked to say that DC headders are just for show, they don't acutally add as much power as other brands such as greddy or comptech.
if you're looking for top end power, go with a 4-1 design, if you're looking for more power around the midrange, go for the 4-2-1 design.. it's easier to install too:)

bigbro6785

I am looking for more mid range power. Right now im leaning toward the greddy header unless anyone has a reason i should go with another brand......

DownShift96GSR

My choice is the DC 4-2-1 ceramic. Reason being is I found a good amount of power from the header. Before I got my header my friend who has a Del Sol VTEC were pretty even in racing. After I put the header on, we were kinda sorta racing on the high way. I was directly behind him by about a car or two when we both dropped gears and took off, I then switched lanes to get by him and blew past him. When we stopped he asked what I had done with my car cuz he said I blew by him like he was nothing. I picked my header up for about $280 and its the best investment I've made so far on my car. But its your car, your choice.

bigbro6785

I was thinking about getting those, but i heard that the ceramic ones chip easily. Has that happened to you? Also, does anyone know if the greddy headers (4-2-1) are just as good as the dc 4-2-1?