What's wrong with Ebay coilovers?

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
Suspension isn't something you cheap out on, trust me.
If you want to lower you car, do it right. You get what you pay for, and people will notice.
I really appreciate all the feedback ..but I agree with quality and I will spoil my baby with quality thing all I was wondering was if there was a difference between them..is there anyone that can help me find the best deal on coilovers
What kind of a "best deal" are you looking for? Be specific man. You can pick up Function & Form Type 1s for like $600 which are only height adjustable or you can spend $1500 on Tein Flex dampers with an EDFC. What do you want to do to your car, how much are you willing to spend, what do you want your coilovers to do, etc..
You can't just post a question as vague as that and expect people to give you serious answers when there is an exponential amount of answers available.

Prozon

Kris
So I heard mention of the eBay coilovers being such bad quality because they are paired with OEM shocks- if that is the case, do they ride worse then OEM or the same then?

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
OP, from the sounds of it, and the length of this thread, you're not great with details. Explaining overall plans for the vehicle would be beneficial - the more specific the better

What kind of a "best deal" are you looking for? Be specific man. You can pick up Function & Form Type 1s for like $600 which are only height adjustable or you can spend $1500 on Tein Flex dampers with an EDFC. What do you want to do to your car, how much are you willing to spend, what do you want your coilovers to do, etc..
You can't just post a question as vague as that and expect people to give you serious answers when there is an exponential amount of answers available.
I don't feel like going through the thread, but it sounds like you want something dope, but not expensive; the impossible. If you're not going to track, Function & Form II - as Rob had mentioned
So I heard mention of the eBay coilovers being such bad quality because they are paired with OEM shocks- if that is the case, do they ride worse then OEM or the same then?
My best friend had Ebay sleeves with some aftermarket strut; they use to self-adjust :lol:

Here is a picture of Ryan's Dc rolling on Function & Forms

And here is the picture of one very naughty squirrel for reference

Prozon

Kris
Oh good self adjusting, for the guy who is too lazy to do it himself. Rofl.

beatfanatikz

what I really want is to lower my car ..and I don't want to spend like 1000 on doin so ..for right now I justvwant to get coilover then gradually get more into changing the OEM shock and struts..sorry for late post..

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Please don't just sleeve your stock equipment. Where the fuck did I say thousands of dollars? $475 and you'll have the same suspension I have shipped to your door. Just give it some though

Prozon

Kris
You can't beat $50 Patrick. Lol. I was absolutely amazed when I saw that price tag. I didn't actually think it could be that cheap.

Edit:
I typed "price Teg" hahaha.

Prozon

Kris
I think i'll go buy eBay coilovers and review them. Hahaha.
Self adjusting springs would be cool, if only I could get them to self-adjust equally with eachother.
Also ride better then Tein.

Yeaaaaah... that's the dream. :thumbs up

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
I think i'll go buy eBay coilovers and review them. Hahaha.
Self adjusting springs would be cool, if only I could get them to self-adjust equally with eachother.
Also ride better then Tein.

Yeaaaaah... that's the dream. :thumbs up
Buy from me you bitch.

eiznekeM

As I was corrected before, You can buy legit brands, but the arguement/issue was that it's not from the manufacturer. Those are from "Racing House". And I'd still be weary, you can get exact replicas of Tein's that are f***ing dangerous.

Real is on the left, fake is on the right. But you already knew that, right?
Warranty Service
Quality manufacturing will mean a quality product, and if a company stands behind its offerings, they will provide the warranty to prove it. It's their guarantee to you that the part will function as promised, and will continue to do so far after the purchase date. Counterfeit parts are not designed to last very long, and if they break, you're s*** out of luck.

One of the worst cases we found, exact copies of TEIN S-Tech lowering springs recently began to circulate on the market. The packaging, instructions, springs, spring isolators and warranty papers were all duplicated exactly. TEIN's contact info was even listed in the fake manual as the place to call if you had any problems. You could have installed these, had problems with an uneven ride height and then ended up calling TEIN with your problems. The only catch there is, TEIN won't help you out. Why should they, you were the one that didn't want to pony up for the real thing. The best way to keep your parts safe is to purchase genuine products from authorized dealers, and then register your warranty card immediately.
Here's the full story..

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0612_impp_knock_off_tuner_car_parts/index.html

Last edited:

Dfrederick2nd

Just Playing The Game
dealers are in business because people buy from them if there not legit then people wouldn't buy and they wouldn't be in business right ? it dont take long to look at a dealers feed back and analyze if it is a good idea to buy from them or not.

beatfanatikz

As I was corrected before, You can buy legit brands, but the arguement/issue was that it's not from the maufacturer. Those are from "Racing House". And I'd still be weary, you can get exact replicas of Tein's that are f***ing dangerous.

Here's the full story..

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0612_impp_knock_off_tuner_car_parts/index.html
OK now here is my next question ..how much of a drop should I do to my car ..I want it to be pretty low not to where I scrape and can't get over a speed bump but low enough to look mean :)

Prozon

Kris
dealers are in business because people buy from them if there not legit then people wouldn't buy and they wouldn't be in business right ? it dont take long to look at a dealers feed back and analyze if it is a good idea to buy from them or not.
That's not true at all. Most people buy from eBay because they are being cheap. Suspension is the biggest thing, you can pay $400+ for a legit set up or you could pay $50 SHIPPED. If you didn't know any better, what would you do?

On top of that, most eBay companies strive for good reviews. I can't remember what it was that I bought, but it ended up shipping over a week late. I emailed to complain and they offered me a $10 refund for the trouble. I told them I would take it and after another week and a half I finally got my item that should have been at my house within the first week. I left them a negative review and they offered me another $15 refund to revise the review. I ended up getting $25 back because I was unhappy with the service.

Now to anyone else who saw the reviews, what do they see? Only positive.. because they bribe the people who are unhappy with them.