where to buy a turbo kit???

hadjie85

where is the best place to buy a turbo kit? i would like to strike a balance between price, performance, and completeness of the kit. by complete, i mean i want everything for the turbo to run safely, including an intercooler. although money is not an object, i would like to keep as much money as possible.

im also not really sure how much boost to throw in there. i guess a nice round number would be 10lbs, so i think id also need to strengthen the block. any advice on locations, boost, or beefing up the block?

civicsi94

well just what kinda turbo kit u looking for? 18G?t3/t4? gt28?gt30?????????I will say get the install by trained pros. not ur local tuner shop but a place that specializes in turbo so u wont get ur car messed up

civicsi94

Todd said:
if money is no object.... then a Rev Hard turbo kit would own
true but depending in some cases like my own.....will it pass emissions? that y i am alittle afraid to explore the turbo installs. greddy is good n reliable. a bang for ur buck u may say. but can go bigger and better. Will RevHard turbos pass though? im a just curious myself

Superesc

if money is of no object I would do a custom kit, piece it together or get a shop to piece you a custom kit. I always find that most of the kit out there are lacking in one way or another. (Fuel Management!!!!!) I did consider a Drag kit initially when I was researching, but in the end I got a custom kit done by Legendboy (on Honda Tech / Beyond.ca).

BoostedITR41

hadjie85 said:
where is the best place to buy a turbo kit? i would like to strike a balance between price, performance, and completeness of the kit. by complete, i mean i want everything for the turbo to run safely, including an intercooler. although money is not an object, i would like to keep as much money as possible.

im also not really sure how much boost to throw in there. i guess a nice round number would be 10lbs, so i think id also need to strengthen the block. any advice on locations, boost, or beefing up the block?

my friends shop here in SW PA is one of the best around. by spring there will be a dyno and he will build you what ever kind of kit you want. also gets blocks sleeved though golden eagle and a local machine shop does the final bore and hone and can also balance anything you want balanced. give him a call

hybridynamics 724-925-2660 ask for Jay and tell him Sam told you to call

wannabejdm

Yeah go to a place where they know what there doing. Also I think a rev hard kit would be pretty sick too. Yuo could probly run even more then 10lbs on the motor with stock internals. From wut i hear you can run 14lbs some what safly.