which amp??

rexpepper123

pretty much id rather spend more money on the engine then inside lol hmm so this one can handle what i plan on running?

TeggyLeo

Teggy Newbie
When your looking for Amos for your subs u always wanna go a little higher in the rms wattage range. Like if you have a 300 rms sub you want to get a 350-400 rms amp. That way the amp can push the subs really good without having to work too hard and over-heating.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.170818,-73.168655

rexpepper123

Alright so i would need a 4 channel amp for 2 subs an the component speakers? this dudes trying to sell me some 2 channel amps but they dont seem like they can do the job. ones a ppi 2360, California 600 an a crunch 1100.2. i have no idea whats worth it. im not experienced in amps at all lol

rexpepper123

or i can get 2 amps but then i need a crossover right? im not sure what kind to look for.

TeggyLeo

Teggy Newbie
U can get a 4 channel for your speakers and a 1 or 2 channel for the subs. If your subs are 300 rms a piece u wanna get a 800 watt mono amp or a 2 channel with at least 50 to 100 more watts per channel than the subs. You won't need a crossover most 4 channels come with them on them and plus you can still use your head unit for the car speakers. Depending on how good you head unit is you can make them sound pretty good.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.214855,-73.192974

rexpepper123

ahh i see. i think im going to grab two amps off this guy. one for the subs an one for the components. my head unit has rca outputs for just subs and also for a amp for speakers. which i was worried about! but no longer lol i think i might have it all figured out. i cant wait!!

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
honestly you dont need an amp for you voice speakers(IMO complicates things), i have stock speakers and 2 12" MTX Thunders 5500 with a kicker amp only pushing 300 rms and my speakers bump, i have a sony radio that last me turn the bass off my insides speakers and a control for the sub on the radio. my friends love my system and people next to me hate lol

edit: gain on amp is only 3/4 up

rexpepper123

yeah i dont really need it but from everyone ive talked to who have similar set ups to what ill have said that would be better to have an amp for the voice speakers for better clarity. ive had subs before in other cars that didnt have amp powered speakers an it sounded great even with the stock speakers. my stock speakers in the front are garbage an the rears arent any better even tho they are after market. just doesnt seem loud enough. i have to have it turned up to 25 for it to be decant loudness before quality goes out the windo.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
it seems like i need a amp for my component speakers, i dont have subs. I cant turn my volume up very loud or it willsound like shit. would a amp help?

rexpepper123

thats what i was told. i could see why youd need an amp. the components im getting have 100 watts each an my deck only puts out 50watts x4 no where near enough to power them. try i cheap one off craigslist