why is my db2 overheating!?

db2rida

whats up, im new to this forum and recently bought a 92 gsr integra with a b16a2 swap out of a 99 civic si, its got 2 problems that i cant seem to figure out. not to smart when it comes to cars but i do know more then your average joe. first it over heats if u ride it hard or for awhile, im not sure if the fan works or not, havent had a chance to test it, but would the swap effect any of the overheating. also second it has trouble starting, the guy i bought it from said i need a stronger negative ground cable for the battery but both positive and negative cable have great connection although the positive one is double wired and negative is single. and with the overheating problem idk if this helps but i noticed if u turn the ac or heat on full blast water leaks from under the passenger side. PLEASE HELP!!! really wanna drive my car.

Last edited:

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
ok... check all hoses and fittings for ANY leaks... coolant will burn off with a white residue that is hard to just rub off... passenger side leak ( under the car) with heater on would lead me to believe you may have an issue near the valve that allows coolant to flow to the heater core.

check your timing.. if it is off it can cause overheat issues.

check radiator cap, overflow bottle, thermostat for any failures... radiator caps can be easily overlooked, but if the rubber seal is expanded it needs replaced.

make sure there is no air trapped in the cooling system.

have a mechanic perform a block test to check for exhaust gasses in the coolant, & also perform a compression test to rule out any head gasket issues.

I would guess that based on the fact you have a coolant leak, you overheat issue is stemming from air getting into the cooling system, but all the same check all those above mentioned areas as they all can lead to cooling issues.

Last thing is going to be the water pump... but only lean that direction after you have ruled out the above...

db2rida

thanks that helped alot, but what would u think about the starting problem it usually starts first time but recently has not and then after u drive for a bit and turn it off and try right away to turnit back on it wont work until a bunch of tries?

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
the second issue could be a failing o2 sensor... the no start condition due to a bad o2 sensor is generally more prevalant after you have the car at operating tempuratures and shut the car off for say 5-20 minutes then try to restart...