Wiring issue?

just tested voltage of the acc and constant... acc is good, gets 12v with battery turned on. Constant is getting about 1v with battery turned on and no voltage with battery turned off. just talked to another buddy and he told me that running a new wire from the ignition wasn't a good idea. is there supposed to be a fuse wired onto the constant?

mikenichol123

facebook= mnichol3
constant should be getting 12volts at all times which will be ur yellow wire right off of the cd player and acc which is the red wire off of ur cd player. it should only see's 12volt with key on. u say constant is seeing 1volt with battery on and 0 when off. didnt know if u had a typo or what lol
and there isnt nothing wrong with running off of ur ign harness as long as its fused and isnt drawling a ton of currunt. cd players only run a 15amp draw. the ignition harness is where u run ur alarms and remot starters off of. and some remote starters i install draw up to 90amps. so ur buddy is some what right if ur running like ur cars audio system off of it lol it would be bad but little draws aint gonna hurt it

constant should be getting 12volts at all times which will be ur yellow wire right off of the cd player and acc which is the red wire off of ur cd player. it should only see's 12volt with key on. u say constant is seeing 1volt with battery on and 0 when off. didnt know if u had a typo or what lol
and there isnt nothing wrong with running off of ur ign harness as long as its fused and isnt drawling a ton of currunt. cd players only run a 15amp draw. the ignition harness is where u run ur alarms and remot starters off of. and some remote starters i install draw up to 90amps. so ur buddy is some what right if ur running like ur cars audio system off of it lol it would be bad but little draws aint gonna hurt it
it's not a typo, the constant was getting 1 volt with the battery on and none with it turned off. yellow wire. lol i may be retarded electronically, but i'm not mentally retarded. so obviously the constant is what is causing problems now. so running a new wire from the ignition is the quick fix? and how do i fuse it?

mikenichol123

facebook= mnichol3
yes it will fix ur problem with out damaging anything. well like i said 12volt is gonna be a thick white or possibly white/black at the ignition harness. and ur gonna need some wire and either a fuse holder or u can make ur own with 2 of those metal ends that u use to hook wires up to speakers or wire to the terminals that are in subwoofer boxes. take and hook up ur wire behind ur radio to the yellow wire then run it back behind where the radio goes to up under ur dash to ur ign harness the find ur 12volt and cut ur new wire to length. then a few inches from the end going to the ign harness cut it and put one of those metal clips on each end. then after that get ur self a 15amp fuse and stick a side in each of those metal clips then tape up the fuse and metal clips so it cant ground out and then connect ur new power wire to the 12volts and bam ull have ur radio working lol

yes it will fix ur problem with out damaging anything. well like i said 12volt is gonna be a thick white or possibly white/black at the ignition harness. and ur gonna need some wire and either a fuse holder or u can make ur own with 2 of those metal ends that u use to hook wires up to speakers or wire to the terminals that are in subwoofer boxes. take and hook up ur wire behind ur radio to the yellow wire then run it back behind where the radio goes to up under ur dash to ur ign harness the find ur 12volt and cut ur new wire to length. then a few inches from the end going to the ign harness cut it and put one of those metal clips on each end. then after that get ur self a 15amp fuse and stick a side in each of those metal clips then tape up the fuse and metal clips so it cant ground out and then connect ur new power wire to the 12volts and bam ull have ur radio working lol
sounds doable, i have an old viper alarm that i lost the remote to so i'll just jack a fuse holder off of that. but i wish this would fix my dash clock. that's going to irritate me. is the constant to the clock linked to the radio constant or something? i'm wondering if i run a new wire to that as well if it will revive it...? and does it matter what size fuse i use?

Last edited:

mikenichol123

facebook= mnichol3
well honestly i dont know if the clock is tied into the radio or not cause my shit was all jacked up to and ive only had my teg for about 7 months now and still havent got around to figuring whats up with my clock. but most likely it is tied into the radio. like i said soon ill be figuring out the wireing for my clock and i will let u know how to fix it. for the time being just use the clock on ur radio lol. and use a 15amp fuse

well honestly i dont know if the clock is tied into the radio or not cause my shit was all jacked up to and ive only had my teg for about 7 months now and still havent got around to figuring whats up with my clock. but most likely it is tied into the radio. like i said soon ill be figuring out the wireing for my clock and i will let u know how to fix it. for the time being just use the clock on ur radio lol. and use a 15amp fuse
yeah, it has to be tied into the radio somehow because mine worked until i rewired this harness the other night. i'll leave it be for now though, maybe take a look at it and see where the wires run but i'm not gonna mess with it yet.

mikenichol123

facebook= mnichol3
yea most likely all u have to do is shoot 12volts to it. i pulled my clock out and it tells u on the side of it what wire is what so it should be a easy fix. and let me know how the running of the new constant goes lol

fixed both the dash clock and radio this morning. everything works now...antenna, memory, and all. thanks for all your help bro, if you ever need any help with any body or motor work then let me know lol.

mikenichol123

facebook= mnichol3
i will see im the other way around i do electrial but dont really know jack about engines lol. over the winter i plan on pulling my engine and trans. i need to paint my car and engine bay then i got a s80 trans guts i need to put in a new trans to replace my gsr trans with a bad 3rd gear syncro. would love to rebuild my engine but i probly wont have the time or money

94B18LSTeggy

Semi Noob
im having the same issue. execpt i followed everything from this thread. my constant is not giving me anything either. but the stock i took out kept memory. also with the stock radio the door open light would come on when the radio was on. any idea?

94B18LSTeggy

Semi Noob
i know right. i knew it had to be something more simple then running a new constant since the old radio had memory. LOL. im glad i did a little more research then just running a constant