Zombiegurl81's DA Build

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
My longest downtime was 2 weeks and for the smallest reason. Towed it back cuz it wouldnt start but ended up down or two weeks because i put a fuse back in the wrong spot trying to figure it out in the dark. Still havent fixed the original reason it didnt start 5 years later. LoL

Im guessing you check your tires more often now. I try to rotate mine every 2 months and visually check every 2 weeks to a month. But like i said i dont let the overall tire wear go below 30% before i get new anymore.

Aftermarket lip and sideskirts are pieces of a body kit. Technically, you have one. =P

Guys into cars = dime a dozen.

Zombiegurl81

HFF Beginner
My longest downtime was 2 weeks and for the smallest reason. Towed it back cuz it wouldnt start but ended up down or two weeks because i put a fuse back in the wrong spot trying to figure it out in the dark. Still havent fixed the original reason it didnt start 5 years later. LoL

Im guessing you check your tires more often now. I try to rotate mine every 2 months and visually check every 2 weeks to a month. But like i said i dont let the overall tire wear go below 30% before i get new anymore.

Aftermarket lip and sideskirts are pieces of a body kit. Technically, you have one. =P

Guys into cars = dime a dozen.
I had an issue like that once long story but the short short short version is that I had crossed two similar coloured wires so the car wouldn't start, fixed it and the car worked fine. I look at them a lot now because I'm worried of getting a nail or something else!

Guys into cars are a dime a dozen but ones that don't hold it against you if your a better driver/more knowledgeable not so much. Not that I am but sometimes I get lucky! =)

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i had a replacement clutch for about 2 years. then i decided to replace it. lol!!

sorry about that guy. if it was me and i got hints that you were knowledgeable about cars, id stop giving advice and just talk about it like one of the homies.

hope it gets back up and running soon! did you get a clutch kit already??

Posted from my Microwave using Tapatalk

Zombiegurl81

HFF Beginner
No I haven't gotten a kit yet one of the member's of my team says he'll buy it and help with the cost to repair but I'd feel really guilty about taking it. So I'll take my time and wait. Now that it's sitting I'm tempted to start messing with it, lol.

Coy thank you for the kind words =)

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
exedy stage one is good for a daily with a few mods. you could chirp 3rd on the freeway and grabs when power shifting to 4th and 5th. thats what i have.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
You can also find cheap used ones with low mileage. I got a clutch and flywheel from hmotors in good shape for like $125 or $150. Gotta know what youre looking at though, my friend picked it up for me who does all my installs.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
stuff like that id stay away. its like buying used brake pads and rotors. i wouldnt trust someones word that it only has 100 miles on it. but thats just me.

i got quoted by a local shop in san diego for $150 for the clutch kit i mentioned above. and you could always resurface the flywheel for cheap.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
You HAVE to know what youre looking at. Thats why my friend picked it up for me. Same for brakes and rotors and though i agree, you go through brakes and rotors much quicker and more often than a clutch. Its just an option though. $150 new is good.

Last edited:

Zombiegurl81

HFF Beginner
So it's going to be 100+ for the clutch set up and 200+ for the flywheel totaling 320 my friends shop will do the work for 250

Zombiegurl81

HFF Beginner
Ok I was wrong it was/ is the stage one. I was looking at rims and the ones I really want are only in 17, 18, 20s are 17s too big for the da?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
a lot of people will say yes. but if done correctly, it actually looks badass. im thinking of 17's for my next wheels.

17x7 work j-wing

17" wheel thread

not too many DA's in there tho. i think its hard to pull it off on a DA and easier for a DC