My 97 GS so far

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
The only "bottleneck" I have in my exhaust system is from the header to the catalytic converter, and at that point, the gasket was this little dome looking thing that went around the bottleneck of the header and into the cat securely.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Are you sure your collectors not too small?

But anyways, just weld matching pipe to make it straight through if your not worried about emissions.

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
Can I get an explanation on how that works? Not being a douche, just really want to know :mrgreen:

Although they do look really good, I'd rather find a cheaper one because HRubss is not a baller :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 2g
Tenzo-R Mugen replica valve cover. $90.

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
Focus on your exhaust manifold. Cheap ones bottleneck your flow and cause power loss. The catback doesnt need to be huge but sized correctly for your power goals.
I agree with this. Your car is an LS/VTEC, which, for the sake of this argument, makes similar power to a B16 or GS-R. I'd find a 4-1 or tri-y header with a 2.5" collector and get either a 2.36" or 2.5" cat-back exhaust.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Ordered the 2.5" donut gasket from Blox but they were on backorder so they are going to ship on Thursday. Also ordered a new chip off of Phearble.net. I should just buy my own moates chip burner :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Wooow, didn't pass safety inspection because I don't have power steering. :roll:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I want to know how though. Sure it's a bitch to turn at low speeds but older cars were like that before. I didn't want to take it off in the first place so I really don't care if it "free's" up some hp.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Nick_C78

Older cars also didn't have seat belts. Thats a poor argument. It is unsafe to modify the steering system. Period. If the car came with no ps like some civics it would be ok. But you can't modify the steering system. I bet even if you installed a manual rack theyd still fail it. DOT approves the car when its stock.