Ted's Owner is back in the Honda game -- Nick's '95 Integra LS hatchback

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
Got a few more things done today than planned.
I refinished the spare valve cover I had laying around. I gotta strip the paint off the letters tomorrow.
I also washed the car and had a photoshoot with a buddy of mine today. Idk if he'll be posting pics or not, but if he doesn't, I have a few on my phone I'll upload.
I also got free SRI piping from a friend, so that'll be cleaned up tomorrow, and I ordered my secret part from Ganyon finally.

Ted's Owner

I really need to quit being so frickin' lazy with keeping this updated.
We'll start with the valve cover.

Then the photoshoot. I only got two pictures on my phone because... well, my phone sucks.

Then the short ram piping. I got the piping for free. It's actually an older Spectre short ram piping kit. The newer ones are made out of chrome clad plastic whereas the older ones are actually made out of aluminum. Mine is aluminum. I plugged the hole I wouldn't be using with a screw that was slightly larger than the hole and hit it with a mallet until it sat flush, then I sprayed the piping with some rust preventive spray paint and sprayed over that with engine paint. I then scrubbed the couplers with soap and water, dried them off, then sprayed them with belt conditioner and tire shine since they're rubber. I only cleaned the elbow with soap and water. I'm not planning on using that and already have someone who wants it, so there's that.

And then lastly, the secret part I ordered from Ganyon -- a discontinued, carbon Kevlar, GReddy cooling plate.

Swerve

Shawn
I just ordered a greddy plate for my civic! They're super cool (get it?) But mines not as big or carbon Kevlar :(

Ted's Owner

The plate is just so sick looking.
Thanks! I really appreciate you selling it to me.
I just ordered a greddy plate for my civic! They're super cool (get it?) But mines not as big or carbon Kevlar :(
I got super, super lucky with mine. It's not coming off any time soon. :)
Post pics when yours comes in?

---

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Ted's Owner

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!
Update
So, I thought this paycheck, I was going to get an electric exhaust cutout, so I climbed under the car and pulled the heat shields out that'd be in the way of the cutout installation.

Well, plans changed, and now I'm not sure what I'm going to do this paycheck. I've got a few ideas.
But, there is one thing I do know that is going to happen tomorrow. Thanks to my friends Victor and Franklin and what they got me for Christmas, I will be going MOAR LOW.

Not my first choice, but you can't beat free. They're Speed Daddy (eBay) coilover sleeves. I've looked them over and they appear to be extremely well built and they have a warranty. We'll see how they ride with blown stock shocks. Shocks will be happening at some point, but after I get my suspension dialed in after dropping it, an alignment is on top of the list.
Stay tuned!

Ted's Owner

Alice is low now!

Getting the suspension on was easy, but getting to the suspension to put it on was a challenge. I stripped three lug nuts and broke two lug nut keys. I stripped two of the lugs I had and broke the key, so I went to AutoZone and bought some Dorman spline drive neo chrome lug nuts to get another key to get the old lugs off and put the new lugs on. I stripped that key, too, so I had to go downtown to a friends house to borrow a key to take the lugs off and put them back on. So, I ordered another key and will probably be rotating my tires when it gets here.
Pics of lug nuts.