Ted's Owner is back in the Honda game -- Nick's '95 Integra LS hatchback

97 teg

Oh man I have so much to catch up on. Car looks great.

Now I have to find which page I read last lol

Still bummed I came back to find Ganyon sold his, but looks like life is better with the lunchbox

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
Oh man I have so much to catch up on. Car looks great.

Now I have to find which page I read last lol

Still bummed I came back to find Ganyon sold his, but looks like life is better with the lunchbox
Welcome back, buddy. And thank you! :)
You can always start back at page 1. It's got an updated before and after photo and an up-to-date mod list (I think?).
And yeah; I am, too. But, something tells me it won't be his last Integra.

Ted's Owner

I did some digging and found out that my springs are 250# linear front, 250# linear rear rates.
These probably won't be my last set of springs, but they're definitely better than factory.
I also messaged Nick_C78 (or whatever his name is, formerly Nick4dei) and decided that I want somewhere between 2.2 and 2.5 degrees of front camber and about 1.8 degrees rear camber with 0 toe if I can make it happen without any aftermarket alignment parts.
My spline drive lug nut key came in the mail today.

osiris19

My total toe is set to zero which is spec, and I have like 3.5-3.8 negative degrees of camber in the front I think. My ride height is set at 11.2 fr and 10.8 r. Can't remember though. Problem with lowering is that you'll experience natural camber due to the suspension setup. It's non adjustable without a camber kit.

Ted's Owner

My total toe is set to zero which is spec, and I have like 3.5-3.8 negative degrees of camber in the front I think. My ride height is set at 11.2 fr and 10.8 r. Can't remember though. Problem with lowering is that you'll experience natural camber due to the suspension setup. It's non adjustable without a camber kit.
I figured it was probably something like that. Oh well. I'll research it more later. I'll probably just get my toe zero'd and leave the camber alone when I get it aligned and go from there.

osiris19

As long as your ride height is equal, camber is usually close to equal. You can't tell I have camber unless you look at it directly underneath. I can take a picture and see if it'll show.

Ted's Owner

Update:
I measured the shock shaft diameter with a digital caliper and found out that it's approx. 12.45mm. This was a measurement from a front shock. I'm assuming the rears are the same. I did this because I need rear bumpstops, so, based off of my measurement, I ordered two Ground Control 10-14mm stiff shock (for linear springs) foam bumpstops. I also ordered two 1157 red LED's from superbrightleds.com to replace my taillight bulbs. I think the bulbs I have now are defective, because they're extremely dim.
After the bumpstops come in and I get them installed, I'll be taking the car for an alignment.
I also ordered a new drum head for one of my drums today. Gotta keep both of my babies in good shape. :)

Ted's Owner

Taillight bulbs came in and have been installed. I'm still waiting on my bumpstops. If they're not here tomorrow, then I'm going to have to rotate my tires because the toe wear is destroying my front tires. The insides went from about 70% tread to almost slick in about 3-weeks.
So, the plan for now is to install my rear bumpstops when they come in, rotate my tires, and get an alignment. Then, I'm planning on re-finishing my wheels Dupli-Color MetalCast anodized gloss purple, getting the two bad tires flipped, ordering and installing some 949Racing alloy valves, and getting all of my tires re-balanced. Hopefully, all of this will happen in the next two weeks or sooner so I don't need to add tires to the list right away.

Last edited:

Ted's Owner

I went ahead and ordered some Acura decals for my center caps for when I re-finish them again. Bumpstops should be on tomorrow, and then I'll update with some pictures.