My 97 GS so far

R13

The other asshole
It's halloween, plant them in your front yard for all the children to step on, that's sure to scare/horrify someone. :mrgreen:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Thought it would be funny to check my alignment today at work and it was completely shit :lol:

I assume it was cambering so bad from being lowered so we just left it alone. We did adjust toe though. :rolf.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Finally got around to working on the piece of s*** again since I got laid off of work. Installed a steel braided oil line to relocate my pressure sensor sender unit and installed a new OEM intake mani gasket.
Getting ready to tear everything apart

40 minutes into the job and finally reached the halfway point. Had to remove the damn strut tower :roll:

Used some sort of tee fitting and installed it in the place of the factory oil pressure sensor. Re-installed the sensor but still need to re-solder the connector back to the wire since it got ripped off when I first removed it. The sender unit currently has no home, need to find something to mount it on to the firewall (if there's any room left) so it's currently just chilling next to the brake booster.

Decided to teflon tape my VTEC pressure switch since it was leaking out the ass, made sure not to get it into the sensor itself. Also tried to swap out my distributors since mine was also leaking oil since the cap seal was non-existent, had to buy a new distributor because I somehow screwed them up when I tried to switch out the rotor that goes into the cam gear. The good dizzy's cam gear rotor broke off long ago so I tried to use my old ones, car didn't want to start so I was forced to buy a new dizzy for the sake of time. :lol:

Luckily, all that work really fixed my oil leak problems, all I need to do is get myself a new oil pan gasket and I'm hopefully good to go. Engaged VTEC a couple of times and the engine still looked clean after inspecting it for oil residue. :mrgreen:
I dropped two of the fuel injectors which caused them to crack so I had to use some OBD1's I had saved from an old B16a2 intake mani I bought. Both of them worked fine but one of them had a really shitty seal so it was leaking fuel out the ass, lost about 1/4 of fuel so I'll be going back to fix that tomorrow but overall, almost everything went as planned and finally fixed a random fuel vapor leak I've been having from my EVAP system. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Last edited:

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Nice work, makes me want to work on mine, except im not in the mood. Snow is calling me to the mountains this winter

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Thanks man, I finally forced myself to work on it, forgot how it felt to feel the pain of being bent over the fender for so damn long. I'm trying to finish any work left before winter comes along, s*** gets too cold outside :evil:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Fixed the injector leak, the culprit was a bad o-ring. It was ripped up when I pulled the injector off and it finally fell off hence why there is no o-ring on it.

Current home for the sender unit :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Nah, it was still there when I pulled the injector off, just flat and nearly ripped. Besides, it can't fall into the motor, the injector sprays fuel, not shoots it.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
That would be the case but it's still my DD and I have no garage :roll:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

SoundEfx

But don't you have a school where you can carry it to get worked on?
I'm looking for something like that where I am.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Barely, I could have done that back in high school but now I'm in college and my old teacher needs the bays.

Sent from my iPhone 2g