How To: Hypermile (Integra Specific)

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Ive heard of people getting better MPG with a Turbo so you may be surprised! As long as its tuned right

Prozon

Kris
I wanna hear it, everyone I know is like, NO DON"T DO THAT YOU'LL HAVE s*** FUEL MILEAGE AFTER. I'm interested. And I was wrong at saying 137, I got 257 to a quarter, I don't know where my head was.
I'm not all that concerned with the MPG. It was a little depressing today when I went to the gas station and had to pay almost twenty cents more for 92 octane lol.

Ive heard of people getting better MPG with a Turbo so you may be surprised! As long as its tuned right
Yeah, my Dad is convinced that I will get better MPG.. but I have my doubts. The weight added by all the turbo goodies, the injectors twice as big as stock, not to mention i'll probably be on the throttle alot..

But i'm hoping! 25 is the low average I saw. I had asked on HT what the numbers were for boosted LS motors. I'm sure my mileage won't suffer too much.

eiznekeM

So I was at 387 kilometers at half this morning.

eiznekeM

So this tank ended up being 600.3 kms on 43.689L of regular. 13.74km/L which is 7.28L/100 km or 32.31 mpg.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Try driving the way that I have documented on the first page, see what kind of results you get then. Looks like your teg is very efficient!

eiznekeM

Try driving the way that I have documented on the first page, see what kind of results you get then. Looks like your teg is very efficient!
Gotta get it driving again first. I'll see what I can do, I don't see much tweaking in my habits as most of it is cruising at highway speeds. I'm generally pretty easy on it in the city too.

That's too much math for me
I'm into straightforward math like that, but I'm not into complicated stuff. Like vectors, fudge that!

oregonsandrat

I use fuelly to log my car... mileage log. I average right at 30 mpg with about 2/3 commute (45 min of curves and hills) in town short trips. I really started driving like a grandma with my truck trying to get more miles out of a 8k lb anchor so it's kind of carried over to the car.... Though I won't lie I like the feeling of winding her up every now and then too.

With my truck I tried to keep the rpms around 1700 (CTD), but with the teg I think anything below 2500- 3k is just unneeded load and kills efficiency.

If you browse through the cars on the site most Integras that are logged are getting right around 27-30 mpgs so you're right in there with your #s. Some factors for others reporting mileage could be tire size change effecting spedo/ odo measurements or the typical I once got 36 mpgs so that's what I get every time. I've heard it a lot from diesel truck owners who think that their trucks get 24 mpgs.

Heavier wheels and tires will effect your mileage a lot... I'm sure it's a factor so not as much on a 30mpg car as on my truck but I lost almost 3 with my heavier steel wheels and MT tires.

Last edited:

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Guess I owe an update, since I posted (getting 35+ mpg) I've added full exhaust and header, bigger injectors, fuel pump, pressure regulator, rail and a street tune aimed towards performance, averaging 27 mpg, frequently on the gas and accelerating hard, high rpm driving and I have done almost completely around town trips and stop and go on the freeway. So it's gone down, but still nothing to scoff at.