How To: Hypermile (Integra Specific)

Prozon

Kris
Started driving a little easier. Trying to hyper mile to see what kind of mileage I can get. I will post up my results.

29mpg is my average atm.. we'll see where it goes.

Prozon

Kris
Haha, actually i'm just curious what the car can get if I TRY to get good gas mileage. It's killing me not being able to abuse my little Teg. :(

I kind of want to buy some random new car. When I went on a trip up to my Uncles for a family thing, I drove my sisters Hyundai and ended up averaging 39mpg lol.

eiznekeM

Haha, actually i'm just curious what the car can get if I TRY to get good gas mileage. It's killing me not being able to abuse my little Teg. :(

I kind of want to buy some random new car. When I went on a trip up to my Uncles for a family thing, I drove my sisters Hyundai and ended up averaging 39mpg lol.
I want a Geo Metro with the 1.0 in it for daily driving. I can't imagine that thing getting under 30 mpg. haha.

Prozon

Kris
Yeah her "low" for driving it was 34 I believe. I averaged 39 highway. I think she said she got 40 highway.

AS FOR THE INTEGRA-
32.5mpg while "hypermiling."

That's a bump up from my 29mpg average.. not something I would do on a daily basis. Bugs me to drive like a grandma, i'd rather accelerate and shift normally rather then putting around under 2500 rpms lol.

Prozon

Kris
Yeah her "low" for driving it was 34 I believe. I averaged 39 highway. I think she said she got 40 highway.

AS FOR THE INTEGRA-
32.5mpg while "hypermiling."

That's a bump up from my 29mpg average.. not something I would do on a daily basis. Bugs me to drive like a grandma, i'd rather accelerate and shift normally rather then putting around under 2500 rpms lol.

eiznekeM

I just did 474.6 kms on 32.36 litres of 87 octane. 14.574 km/L which equals 6.86L/100km. Or 34.3 mpg. Not too shabby, although I don't care for driving like a grandma either haha.

Prozon

Kris
Last tank of gas was 31.4mpg with my normal driving.
Guess hypermiling didn't save me all that much gas lol.

I'm kind of confused how on earth I got 31.4 on this last tank. The only explanation I have is that the last 1/4-1/2 tank of gas, I drove like two hours highway. That little bit of highway driving could have bumped up the mpg?

Current Fuel Mileage:
29mpg
32.5mpg
31.4mpg

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
What percentage of your driving is on the highway and city? This really effects your overall MPG's.

Prozon

Kris
I live 5 miles from my city. And i'm usually just driving the car there and back. (Or around.)
Honestly it's hard to say. I am on the highway more...... but it's never for very long... lol.

And when I say highway I mean like 50mph area's.. not like the freeway. If I ever take a long trip on the freeway i'm sure my mileage will go waaaaaaaay up.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Oh ya man, I drove a mix between 60-80mph on the freeway and around 45minutes of traffic and still got 39mpg. I can only imagine what I would have had if the road was flat and no traffic with a steady 60mph!

eiznekeM

So this is a little backwards from the thread, but still mileage related. I wanted to "anti-hypermile" this tank of gas. I beat the hell out of her. I would get to the speed limit as quick as possible, I was always 5 km/h over in town, 10-15 over on the highway, I'd rev at just about any girl a 6 or above. I was mean to her. But I still got 507.6 kms to 36.245 litres of fuel, so 14. 001 km/L or 7.14L/100km. Which is 32.94 mpg. I TRIED to be mean to it, I tried to see how bad I could get it, but I still pulled that off. To be fair though, I drive a solid 40 minutes BOTH ways highway.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Pretty crazy, the Highway miles definetly saved you I believe. I think that for my car specifically, it needs a new O2 sensor amongst a couple other things as when I bought the car a couple years ago, the previous owner had not fixed the thermostat so it ran cold with extra fuel for long periods of time.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
I'm going to have to start recording my mpg's, you'll shit yourself, I always use 91 octane, and easily get 30+.