How To: Hypermile (Integra Specific)

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
That’s what I don’t understand, I also have a 4-dr with weight in the trunk and the back seat as well. I pass SMOG with flying colors so im not sure where im losing the MPG's. I can go well into the mid and upper 30'smpg on the freeway. I’m sure that the aftermarket rims and body kit don’t help. If you are truly getting "at least 36mpg" when you "hypermile" please share how you are driving so that I can match it as best as I can and see if I get a change. And please don’t tell me im "wasting" my GSR by not jumping on it every time I drive, I like my cars to last so I treat them nicely.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i heel toe and rev match and warm up my car. downshift and go when i want to and just have fun when i drive :what: i dont drive economical. And i think JDMXDB8 got 36+mpg in his db8 with like 200xxx on it or smoething

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Aftermarket rims dont matter. I cangted my wheels and the numbers are the same. And din't you know body kitws add 4mpg avg? :rolf: And I'm not saying go out and thrash it every time you drive, but i can pretty mcuh gurantee you NEVER get anywhere near that car's potential because you are more concerned about the ecosystem. I mean good for you if that's your thing (which I know it is) but come on dude, it's meant to have fun

Edit: i honestly think that just driving normally is the best thing you can do, no special shifting, driving slower is pointless, no waiting between shifts etc, because it seems none of it is doing you any good at this point

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i did it on my Gram lights when i got 38mpg but i was fully loaded in my car going 80mph with the windows open

whitedc4

i don't understand why people are so worried about integra gas mileage....

i know i only drive an ls but between my house and my apartment is 172 miles exactly and there is a turnpike i take for 130 of it. so i set the cruise at 90 and i can still get 33 or more mpg every time. if i had set it at 80 maybe i'd get even better but who knows my cars rebuilt at 99k and has 250k on it at least but im pretty sure it has a lot more than that even i reset my odometer when i bought the car to keep track of how far i myself have driven it but when i bought it she said 204k

Last edited:

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Trust me, I know how to drive my car... I got an Associate in Science for Automotive Technology so I know a little more than the average joe about cars and how to drive them. You guys are getting crazy MPG though, not even the hypermilers on the other forums get that high of a number consistently if they tried. You guys make me worried that there is something wrong with my car but I haven't noticed anything really out of the ordinary. Only way I can hit mid to high 30's is cruise control around 60ish.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)

Just drive the damn car

I just filled up tonight and got 22.5 MPG for my shitty asshole city driving
That would have been 12 MPG in my RX8.

I cant express how happy I was

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Little Update. Drove 200miles the other day, 80% freeway, and about 45minutes worth of traffic and got 39mpg! Trick with traffic is to try and never stop rolling so keeping a good buffer infront of you really helps. Use cruise control when you have a relatively flat drive and DWL(Drive With Load) when going up hills, meaning set your foot at a certain speed and dont maintain speed up the hill, let the car slow down however much it will and downshift if necessary(below 2,000rpm).

eiznekeM

Trust me, I know how to drive my car... I got an Associate in Science for Automotive Technology so I know a little more than the average joe about cars and how to drive them. You guys are getting crazy MPG though, not even the hypermilers on the other forums get that high of a number consistently if they tried. You guys make me worried that there is something wrong with my car but I haven't noticed anything really out of the ordinary. Only way I can hit mid to high 30's is cruise control around 60ish.
If you went to school for Auto Tech I think you'd know if something was wrong with it, and if you were legitimately concerned about your car, you'd do something about it.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Thank you for that non-productive comment^^ Problems can be intermittent and hard to diagnose. Considering I dont drive my car often enough to get consistent results, thats why I was not sure about it. Since I got such high mpg's on this last trip, im not so worried engine efficieny, its more about fine-tuning my driving technique. Also, have been driving on 87 octane for the last few fill-ups and switched to 91 on the last 1.5 fillups, we will see if there is a drastic difference. 87 octane has been giving me ~28mpg.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Current at 179.3 miles on this tank and it's about 5/8 full still, getting on it often. Technique means nothing if it doesn yield results, I'm driving normal and achieving the same if not better results...