How To: Hypermile (Integra Specific)

white4d96

Burning oil like a boss
I also use Fuelly to track my mileage. PB is 37mpg full highway, worst was...25? first tank I got the car, learning how to drive a standard, lots of stalling and hard driving. I average 31mpg. I/H/E LS. I get on it frequently, but when I'm not driving like a tool I usually shift at ~2k.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
-___- bumped a year old thread
This thread is stickied so it would make sense that it would be "bumped" every once and a while and as the OP, I welcome that.
I think 2,000rpm upshift might just be the sweet spot for our cars. Although I can't say for sure yet, I noticed a possible 5-10% improvement in mpg over previous tanks. Wish my car was OBD2 so that I could hook up a ScangaugeII to it and see just how much a few changes can effect fuel economy.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Guess I owe an update, since I posted (getting 35+ mpg) I've added full exhaust and header, bigger injectors, fuel pump, pressure regulator, rail and a street tune aimed towards performance, averaging 27 mpg, frequently on the gas and accelerating hard, high rpm driving and I have done almost completely around town trips and stop and go on the freeway. So it's gone down, but still nothing to scoff at.
In an auto-fucking-matic

enoch723

I know this is old. But thanks for the heads up if I need to conserve fuel. Simple and straight forward. I like to drive for smiles rather then miles though