2.0L 200hp i-VTEC RSX > 1.8L 142hp non-VTEC/VTEC Integra ?

Death-the-Kid

anta honma ni shinude
in regards to which interior is bigger. the teg is bigger up front and the rsx is bigger in the back

DC2/DC4:
Wheelbase: 101.2
Length: 172.4
Width: 67.2
Height: 52.6
Weight: 2639 lbs
Track Front: 58.1
Track Rear: 57.8
Turning Radius: 34.8
Seating Capacity: 2+2
Front Head room: 38.9
Front Leg room: 42.7
Rear Head room: 36.0
Rear Leg room: 28.1

DC5:
Width: 67.9
Height: 54.9
Weight: 2775lbs
Track Front: 58.5
Track Rear: 58.5
Turning Radius: 38.1
Front Head room: 37.8
Front Leg room: 30.1
Rear Head room: 43.1
Rear Leg room: 29.2

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
youre like this annoying gnat that wont buzz of my shoulder. bringing up other posts. i think you need to re-read you missed the point. I'm not even considering a gsr or type s.. read! and because i didnt answer to your ridiculous posts and continuing pointless argument does not mean i agree with them or you've won it. nerve to call me a 5yr old kid smh. dude.. you're still only with the mentale, the best is only the best. i might just stick w my ls build. thanks guys.
Let me point you to the thread title by thread originator.

01TegLuv

in regards to which interior is bigger. the teg is bigger up front and the rsx is bigger in the back

DC2/DC4:
Width: 67.2
Height: 52.6
Weight: 2639 lbs
Track Front: 58.1
Track Rear: 57.8
Turning Radius: 34.8
Front Head room: 38.9
Front Leg room: 42.7
Rear Head room: 36.0
Rear Leg room: 28.1

DC5:
Width: 67.9
Height: 54.9
Weight: 2775lbs
Track Front: 58.5
Track Rear: 58.5
Turning Radius: 38.1
Front Head room: 37.8
Front Leg room: 30.1
Rear Head room: 43.1
Rear Leg room: 29.2
these are exact numbers i guess. but ive been in both cars, driven them. had a 93 integra, 01 integra, driven 02-06 Rsx's base and Type S's and aside from the exact numbers... my experience driving both was the RSX felt like it had lots of legroom, headroom and definite bigger space in the back. the integra 3rd gen has damn good front head/legroom im a 6 footer with ample space for my knees and head. but that damn small backseat is too cramped up even for normal sized ppl. Now in the RSX i think they improved on that. The rsx though feels like youre more wrapped up in car, the door comes up to my shoulder, i feel more protected. i love the rsx's dash compared to the integra's simple dash design and boring climate control center console. I think they improved in many ways the car, except for suspension i guess to cut costs. double-wishbone vs macphearson

The integra was the one Honda dumped all their investment money into when they were the underdog and trying to prove they can build a damn good car. back then leather, sunroof, cruise control, defrost, rear wipers,4 wheel disc brakes abs and power everything, was considered a fully loaded entry level luxury car which it was, not to mention vtec in gsr's. but im not sure if they really introduced vtec through the integra or if the si had it first..

Last edited:

01TegLuv

I've got the nerve cus I laugh at all the poor or lack of logic you apply in a lot I statements you make. I didn't call you a 5 year old kid. I said you argue like one. Clearly you don't get the points I made tryin to help you understand the differences and are stuck in your own mentality and opinions based on poorly gathered information. Why don't you stop creating discussions if you're just gonna dispute the information people provide you and hold your ground. You apparently understand so much about tuning and potential. Im at a loss to why you need any help. You state you worked at a dealer for years and that means you know the Rsx and your car fairly well. I am confuse sir.

Again you don't understand. Salesman don't need comprehension to sell cars, I get that. I didn't suggest a Gsr for purchase. I was correcting your comparison levels and you have mentioned the type s. So it's valid yet I wasn't tellin you to buy that either. You didn't respond to the other thread because you have nothing to rebuttle that would make any sense. I refuted everything you said. You've been given good advice in this thread. Maybe you can decipher it and make an educated decision.

Nope, theres logic if you can see where im coming from and what im saying but apparently there is misunderstanding and you dont get my points.

because i dont reply, it is not to be assumed i have nothing coherent to say. it is extremely possible and likely that i just didnt have the urge to waste extra energy on a pointless argument thats steering towards judgements and ridiculous statements.

information is what i search for always, knowledge is power.

Salesmen at Acura most of the time know very little of the mechanics and custom tuning that goes into these cars these cars. Their job is to learn all the OPTIONS, FEATURES and be able to sell the car. Since theyre selling new cars or pre-owned STOCK OEM Acuras/Hondas why talk about turbos and custom cam setups and etc ? None of the cars are sold that way. Few know all the specifics and details under the hood, since you dont need it to sell it. Only thing most salestaff know are the displacement and horsepower an engine has, they dont go into super detail except for basic specs the average customer will understand. Only once in a blue you get a yound kid tuner customer that wants more information on the mechanics behind the motors and all that good stuff.

I'm not a mechanic but ive educated myself on the basic workings of an internal combustion motor, 4-stroke cycle, and how Vtec works and turbo technology, and I go into detail with Honda's VTEC innovation, telling customers of our pride and how it gives power and fuel economy. but even all this info here they dont teach at Acura, and most customers dont ask for much detail, they want to know things you guys never talk about like SAFETY, COMFORT, MPG, WARRANTY, SPACE, USE, ECONOMY, FINANCE. Not the difference between a base vs Type S vtec or how much power a K-/Bseries swap will make on a turbo. we arent the certified techs who know everything.

Now all these specifcs on exact details between B-series K-series VTEC vs i-VTEC and base and Type S etc differences is more than you'll ever even go into with mechanic savvy customers. Just so you all know.

Last edited:

01TegLuv

What Kyle is trying to get across is that the RSX base model comes with a K20a3(same as the EP3). The K20a3 has 2 rocker iVtec as he described. The RSX S has a K20a2 that has 3 rocker iVtec(essentially the same as Bseries Vtec but with VTC added). The power outputs these motors are capable of is much different. 2 rocker Vtec is what is used in the old D series as well as today's CRVs and some Accords. 3 rocker iVtec is the descendant of the 3 rocker Vtec system used in the Bseries and C series motors. If you look at the valvetrains side by side you will see they are distinct of each other.
see thats something i didnt know, i just learned something new.

So it ISNT a matter of programming Vtec to activate in the same way, because theres actually a PHYSICAL difference in valvetrain between K20A3 vs K20A2. 3 rockers arm in the VTEC Type S and 2 rocker arms in the economy K20 i guess its safe to say..

that sucks so i guess the only motor worth tuning is the K20A2 the Type S motor..? Since it has the performance version of VTEC as opposed to the i-VTEC tuned for economy...

but why have i seen, or is it just me, people tuning and boosting base RSX's ?

you guys mentioned the ep3 has that same motor and ive seen people tune that ep3 civic or idk maybe my eyes been playing tricks on me.. lol

i guess i cant tell the difference between K20A3&2 through pics...

01TegLuv

That's where i was confused, the Civic Si has the same K20A3 as the RSX base... so the Si being a sport car with, what i thought was the VTEC VTEC, now has an economy VTEC-E..??? 0.o

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I know exactly where your coming from, don't need to see it. Still not listening. You've barely scratched the surface of what you're trying to learn and then you say I'm making rediculous statments and opinion. We can leave my opinion of the ls as that, opinion. But your attempts to prove points which were off on a tangent anyway, were countered or neutralized. You don't know enough yet to argue beyond your examples. Much of what you just learned or asked about is on Wikipedia, among dozens of other sites. Keep searching and reading. In fact go read the vtec page and a few more to familiarize yourself better with it cus it seems you're still not up to speed about each type and how it works or what it's designed for.

People mod the base Rsx for the same reason people mod ls or most cars even. It's what they have. Doesn't matter what car you have, turbo is the most potential you can hve for the dollar spent. And now you're getting into the so called 'mentality' you claim I have when you find out about the k20a3 and its 'economy' level performance. What happened to all the arguments you made for the ls? This is the relation I tried to point out to you when I said ls vs type r is similar to base vs type s. FYI people have built k20a3 to 200+whp but they're heavier builds. Sometimes Honda makes decisions that are race oriented but business will almost always be first priority. The ep3 was still a upgrade from previous civic si's but they couldn't have a car competing with their luxury branded Acura type s.

So to sum up what I'm saying, base Rsx stinks and so does the ep3.

Last edited:
That's where i was confused, the Civic Si has the same K20A3 as the RSX base... so the Si being a sport car with, what i thought was the VTEC VTEC, now has an economy VTEC-E..??? 0.o
Only the EP3 Si had the A3. The 8th Gen Si (till '11) came with a K20Z3(3 rocker iVtec, 197hp) and the '12-'13 Si has a K24z7.

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
Jesus, this car has VTEC VTEC yeah well this car has vtec.

1.) The DC5 is an overweight, underperforming car with awful suspension layout and interior ergonomics.

2.) The K20a3 is a royal pos. Even more of one than a B18b1. And to get a decent K will run much more than a decent B.

3.) Cost to modify anything is higher on a DC5, oh you want new wheels for your Integra? Pay $1000 and you get legit rad 15's or 16's with proper tires. You want wheels for the DC5? Pay $1500 for pretty alright 17's that you'll struggle to resell because most dudes with 17's don't want lame ass Honda FF sizing.

4.) K-series sound lame.

5.) The a3 and a2/z3/a/etc. are so wildly different that if you can't comprehend that...you shouldn't be messing with Hondas in the first place.

01TegLuv

Omg, youre bringing up other posts again like an annoying gnat that wont stop following you with your long paragraphs and condescending tone and fingers pointing at you you you..

this is a discussion and place to learn.

my arguments were simply, from the other post, that an LS doesnt "stink" just 'cause a gsr has more hp, and it can make good power i even linked you to dyno vids and numbers...

this was about switching from ls to base rex, but nvm. i think and ill say from what ive heard from mechanics, honda poured investment money into the integra during its underdog days. has better suspension and i guess i can still keep building my ls.

personally, i like the rsx's ergonomics over integra 3rd gen. 3rd gen interior, touch points leather everything is still damn comfortable

steering wheel is kinda wide though i like the rsx steering wheel but the steering is way hard.

Last edited:

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Omg, youre bringing up other posts again like an annoying gnat that wont stop following you with your long paragraphs and condescending tone and fingers pointing at you you you..

this is a discussion and place to learn.

my arguments were simply, from the other post, that an LS doesnt "stink" just 'cause a gsr has more hp, and it can make good power i even linked you to dyno vids and numbers...

this was about switching from ls to base rex, but nvm. i think and ill say from what ive heard from mechanics, honda poured investment money into the integra during its underdog days. has better suspension and i guess i can still keep building my ls.
Base doesnt have 200hp per your thread title. Thats the type S. I referenced things from the other thread as examples and youre just not getting the flaw in your arguements. Stock to stock theres a significant difference. Your high power modified examples are irrelevant because it wasnt a question of how much money you can throw at it. Then you go and compare the ls to rsx when you can use the same principal. So again.. we're comparing stock to stock and you were mistaken in your comparisons (of trim levels) even.

Ive been discussing and youre not learning. You just dont want to admit or accept the truth of anything ive said so you havent given a good response to any of it (or cant) or you are so cemented in your form of reasoning that youre not capable of understanding what makes sense in order to progress the discussion. Either of which is acceptable to me. None of which matters to me at all. I have nothing more to add since you keep repeating yourself with non relevant information. Ignore my 'opinion' and look at the facts again in true comparison.

:mrgreen:

awright3331

G1 TEG
Can't you just drop a type R 'ecu in to the base model? I understand that possibly replacing the wiring harness and everything like that, but can it be done at all? And if so would you have to do a head swap?