2.0L 200hp i-VTEC RSX > 1.8L 142hp non-VTEC/VTEC Integra ?

Death-the-Kid

anta honma ni shinude
Can't you just drop a type R 'ecu in to the base model? I understand that possibly replacing the wiring harness and everything like that, but can it be done at all? And if so would you have to do a head swap?
No! It can't. Different fuel/timing tables, diff compression , different vct, different type of VTEC .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

drevans_satx

Dylan
Obviously faster ecu makes faster car.

Kidding. Dropping a type r ecu into anything not type r is just gonna destroy it. More fuel, silly timing map.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Death-the-Kid

anta honma ni shinude
Obviously faster ecu makes faster car.

Kidding. Dropping a type r ecu into anything not type r is just gonna destroy it. More fuel, silly timing map.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I run 2 type r ECU's at the same for double the VTEC

01TegLuv

i wana do a j-swap.. turbo, rwd conversion.. can i use an s2000 tranny & rear axle ?

Death-the-Kid

anta honma ni shinude
you can if you drop a type r motor in w type r ecu
no s***.... you mean you can use an ecu for the engine it was programmed for if it also in the same car!?!?? -_-

Not to mention a k20a swap is about 5-6k$.... Not even worth it.... And yes LS engines are trash.. that's why they are in the base models..... rod bolts, head studs and a vtec head upgrade and then they are nice

... or if you add boost.

Last edited:

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING

How about you just get a domestic car and join a different forum? :what:

01TegLuv

no s***.... you mean you can use an ecu for the engine it was programmed for if it also in the same car!?!?? -_-

Not to mention a k20a swap is about 5-6k$.... Not even worth it.... And yes LS engines are trash.. that's why they are in the base models..... rod bolts, head studs and a vtec head upgrade and then they are nice

... or if you add boost.

damn calm down. mad over sarcastic -.- jus sayin dude if u swap in a type r motor. jus sayin..

01TegLuv

from a comment on fb from inlinefour: "Inline Four Base/low compression K20/24's (such as Base RSX, EP3, CRV, Accord) only have a VTEC lobe on the intake side, as well as the i-VTEC cam phasing motor.

i-VTEC found on TSX's RSX-S/R's have conventional 3 lobe cames on intake & exhaust, as well as an i-VTEC cam phasing motor.

Once this engine is tuned w/ Hondata + higher flowing intake and exhaust system the engine comes alive."

thinking ls or base anything is garbage is just garbage. anything boosted, tuned, built can make awesome numbers vtec or not. dont get so hung up on only vtec. yea its better. but if u got an ls to work with you can still make great numbers and a fast as fock car.

Death-the-Kid

anta honma ni shinude
from a comment on fb from inlinefour: "Inline Four Base/low compression K20/24's (such as Base RSX, EP3, CRV, Accord) only have a VTEC lobe on the intake side, as well as the i-VTEC cam phasing motor.

i-VTEC found on TSX's RSX-S/R's have conventional 3 lobe cames on intake & exhaust, as well as an i-VTEC cam phasing motor.

Once this engine is tuned w/ Hondata + higher flowing intake and exhaust system the engine comes alive."

thinking ls or base anything is garbage is just garbage. anything boosted, tuned, built can make awesome numbers vtec or not. dont get so hung up on only vtec. yea its better. but if u got an ls to work with you can still make great numbers and a fast as fock car.
Ls head doesn't flow for shit. Magic in the VTEC head isn't VTEC. Its the head flow. LS's suck unless you boost them or do a head conversion. And I wasn't mad, your sarcasm just wasn't funny. You must not understand what cfm is. Do you understand what it takes to make 550-600whp with an LS head vs a VTEC head? LS are garbage. That's why they need so much more work to make comparable power. Rod bolts, head studs, better pistons, and substantially more boost. Even a fully built LS head will not flow as well as a stock VTEC head. I'm a big fan of properly built lsvtecs tbh. Stroke and flow means plenty of HP/tq across the bored.

Why would you invest more money into the base to make less HP than the model ahead of you? If you want a peppy daily then go build a 250-300whp LS . but don't kid yourself in thinking it is some how better than what it is.

Last edited:

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
He's a lost cause. For a guy who cant elaborate on how the parts work and just spits out what he sees on a website for his arguements, you cant expect to change his mind. Its not that anyone is stuck on vtec, we just know whats a better platform to work with. Every time someone talks about the subject on the narrow scope that it should be on he widens it back up to unlimited dollar potential. Well no shit?

Death-the-Kid

anta honma ni shinude
He's a lost cause. For a guy who cant elaborate on how the parts work and just spits out what he sees on a website for his arguements, you cant expect to change his mind. Its not that anyone is stuck on vtec, we just know whats a better platform to work with. Every time someone talks about the subject on the narrow scope that it should be on he widens it back up to unlimited dollar potential. Well no shit?
Amen to that. 2nd dude today I heard use this "rhetoric"

01TegLuv

Ls head doesn't flow for s***. Magic in the VTEC head isn't VTEC. Its the head flow. LS's suck unless you boost them or do a head conversion. And I wasn't mad, your sarcasm just wasn't funny. You must not understand what cfm is. Do you understand what it takes to make 550-600whp with an LS head vs a VTEC head? LS are garbage. That's why they need so much more work to make comparable power. Rod bolts, head studs, better pistons, and substantially more boost. Even a fully built LS head will not flow as well as a stock VTEC head. I'm a big fan of properly built lsvtecs tbh. Stroke and flow means plenty of HP/tq across the bored.

Why would you invest more money into the base to make less HP than the model ahead of you? If you want a peppy daily then go build a 250-300whp LS . but don't kid yourself in thinking it is some how better than what it is.

whoa.. i wasnt the one being sarcastic you were. you can still build a kickass ls turbo and make good numbers thats all i was saying. its been done.

01TegLuv

He's a lost cause. For a guy who cant elaborate on how the parts work and just spits out what he sees on a website for his arguements, you cant expect to change his mind. Its not that anyone is stuck on vtec, we just know whats a better platform to work with. Every time someone talks about the subject on the narrow scope that it should be on he widens it back up to unlimited dollar potential. Well no s***?
whats are you talking about? i showed you evidence that last time, you just kept arguing. and youre still talking shit dude. ok bro whatever you say. noone mentioned any dollar amount either. vtec may be the best platform. ok. i can still turbo an ls and smoke people, my boy's done it with his ls turbo, smoked mustang's and camaro's.
youre still with that vtec is the best and ls sucks. youre the lost cause dude.

Death-the-Kid

anta honma ni shinude
whats are you talking about? i showed you evidence that last time, you just kept arguing. and youre still talking shit dude. ok bro whatever you say. noone mentioned any dollar amount either. vtec may be the best platform. ok. i can still turbo an ls and smoke people, my boy's done it with his ls turbo, smoked mustang's and camaro's.
youre still with that vtec is the best and ls sucks. youre the lost cause dude.
You can turbo any engine and make power. Some do it much better cheaper and more reliably than others. I already said you can turbo it and make semi decent power. The only options were VTEC head swap or turbo or both. Either way it takes substantial modifications to make any power with them. They are poop and the heads are shit. If you want to make big power with them then you will quickly see how much poop they are. I have an lsvtec. And I have had 2 Gsr's and 1 Bolton LS . they make 122whp in stock form and with a fully worked head high compression aftermarket bottom end aka several thousand dollars. You be lucky to make 170-180 whp with one. I only like hem because they have more displacement and stroke than the other b18 engines. Rod bolts head studs and a VTEC head conversion and then they make alright power. Took a couple grand into my vtec head and $500 worth of tuning just to get the stock LS bottom end to make semi decent power. Not to mention rod bolts and head studs.

Last edited: