Should I buy an integra as my first car? I'm 16

Cobiispo

Wow, this forum is pretty darn active. Thanks for the whole miata thing, but the reason why idont want it is because it only seats two. And I think ima need at least 4. I wanted the 350z but then it's the same thing :(

Cobiispo

Just wondering, is there a reason you don't want to wait until you are 18 to buy a car? Too many rules when under 18, can't drive with friends, punishments can be harsher, etc... I waited and was happy I did.
I believe that all insurance companies give you a much better rate when you pay for insurance in 6-month payments, I pay around $160 for 6 months. When I first got my car six years ago (wow that's a long time!), I was 18 and paid just over $200. Try to get on your parents plan for lower premiums as well. Use an insurance broker to find the best deal or a site like Comparenow.com. Liability insurance is cheapest but make sure to read into it first.

$5k was also my budget but it should be relative to how much money you have saved. You can find decent cars for $2,000 if you just want to be driving, maybe look at an Integra as an upgrade once you are ready? Driving an Automatic is best for just learning the rules of the road imo, then when you feel confident you can move up to a stick shift.

Use a site like KBB.com to find the value of a car you are interested in and look up Used Car Checklists online to learn what to look for when buying used. Basically, press all the buttons to make sure they work, check the lights, oil leaks under the hood and under the car, etc...
There are many more things I could tell you but I think I hit a lot of the major points I find important.
Hope you find what you are looking for :)

- Aaron
I only want to drive because I want to lol. There's no real reason. Well I kinda do so I don't keep getting rides when going to work. And thanks for the sites, I'll visit those often when I find a car I like ( I still got like a month to decide which) I said 5k but I wish it'd be less so I can do some upgrades or repaint if the pant sucks. How much does painting cost? Lol earlier today I saw a 2004 honda divic and it's white and the paint is really shiny and looks smooth. How much for a decent paint like that?

R13

The other asshole
If you need 4 seats the teg is not for you sadly... :(

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Buy a sportsbike if you want pussy. Literally last night at 12:30 I was cruising downtown and there were some chicks hanging out in the back of a truck. One waved at me and said hey! I rolled over, she went WOAH, smiled while her friend said I was cute. She asked me how old I was, I said 21. She and all her friends giggled and told me to meet them at the cruise meet spot. It was great. Bitches love bikes :mrgreen:

R13

The other asshole
They wanted you to buy them alcohol...

Still... Probably woulda got a blowjob out of it. :lol:

Ryan659

Wow, this forum is pretty darn active.
Ummmmmm :lol: this forum is dead as shit except for us 7-8 people :rolf:

But we keep each other entertained enough.

And as R13 said, for the love of god, don't buy a silver one :lol:

R13

The other asshole
You might fit a 4 year old in the back seat of an integra, No one can even fit behind the driver if you're moderately tall (6ft and taller) :lol:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I only want to drive because I want to lol. There's no real reason. Well I kinda do so I don't keep getting rides when going to work. And thanks for the sites, I'll visit those often when I find a car I like ( I still got like a month to decide which) I said 5k but I wish it'd be less so I can do some upgrades or repaint if the pant sucks. How much does painting cost? Lol earlier today I saw a 2004 honda divic and it's white and the paint is really shiny and looks smooth. How much for a decent paint like that?
You don't want to buy a car that needs paint, costs way too much to have done properly, and unfortunately hardly any shops do it properly these days.

I started joyriding my dads cars when I was 12 while he was working or away, got my permit and first car at 15 from money I saved, and license at 16. I love absolutely love driving, and my pops was all about getting me a license as soon as he could, shit he had me out practicing in the snow in his 350 Olds when I was 14 :lol: there's no way I'd have waited till I was 18. I've also never been in an "accident." Now I may have slid off some back roads here and there and broke some suspension or rims, BUT they were empty and I never pulled any stupid shit with cars or people around, that was only cause I was driving with the WRC mentality :)

So dude definitely get your license and car as soon as you can. Find a list of cars that you like how they look and are in your price range and go from there. If you're tight on cash and don't have a skilled mechanic in the house, stay away from the Euros, great cars but they need maintenance and can get technical. Old cars are usually a pain, even with low miles they have problems with things that just weren't designed as well back then. Try picking up an import from the last 10years and you'll be ok, plus learning to drive manual is more engaging and will make you a better driving so I'd recommend that route.