ramblin_wreck08's Integra GS-R

ramblin_wreck08

Curves > Straights
Haha. Thanks. It was a week and a half ago (same week as one of my friend's...yeah...lots of fun that week). I've spent back-to-back weekends celebrating/enjoying the benefits of being 21. :lol: Luck of the Irish Pub Crawl FTW!

Last edited:

ramblin_wreck08

Curves > Straights
PICTURES! Haha. Know everyone around here is a picture whore. So for your enjoyment...here are some pics from my first ever SCCA autox.

With instructor:

Going solo (and setting my best time):

With my sister as a passenger:

Video!!!
[YOUTUBE="Integra GS-R First AutoX"]TGzXFLeY1es[/YOUTUBE]

My best run was a 55.188, and would have placed me in the middle of my group (3.540 seconds behind leader) had I run competitively instead of in novice. Had a great instructor who helped me shave 4 seconds off my time in 3 runs, and then set me up for a ride in a ST national champion driver/car combo. Shaved 3 seconds off my next lap after that ride-along/coaching.

The car handled great and was lots of fun to drive. Will definitely have to do this again.

My times in order:
62.392 (1 passenger)
61.391 (2 passengers)
58.008 (1 passenger)
55.188 (just me)
57.526 (1 passenger)

Last edited:

speedin

The Transporter
Looks good, that stock suspension makes it look like its going to roll over in the 3rd photo, lol. Also have any more pics of that 240Z in front of you in the 2nd pic? That car looks WILD!

And what video?

ramblin_wreck08

Curves > Straights
Looks good, that stock suspension makes it look like its going to roll over in the 3rd photo, lol. Also have any more pics of that 240Z in front of you in the 2nd pic? That car looks WILD!

And what video?
Haha yeah it rolled a lot, but as you can see from the video (which I finally got posted...was having some imbedding issues), it handled very well once I stopped pushing too hard. The rear had a nice progressive slide when I wanted it to...like at the end of the slalom in the video. Some light taps on the brakes and it swung around nicely, setting me up for the next turn.

No, unfortunately I don't have any more pics of the Z. If the camera was in my hands I would have. He had a lot of mods done to it, but only managed to beat my best time by 2.5 seconds. It's not all in the car...it's in the driving :lol:

speedin

The Transporter
Haha yeah it rolled a lot, but as you can see from the video (which I finally got posted...was having some imbedding issues), it handled very well once I stopped pushing too hard. The rear had a nice progressive slide when I wanted it to...like at the end of the slalom in the video. Some light taps on the brakes and it swung around nicely, setting me up for the next turn.

No, unfortunately I don't have any more pics of the Z. If the camera was in my hands I would have. He had a lot of mods done to it, but only managed to beat my best time by 2.5 seconds. It's not all in the car...it's in the driving :lol:
Just saw the vid... Looks good out there! That looked like a massive auto-x track, very fun...

And yea its mostly about the driver. I heard that Z drive by in your vid, sounded nice too. I always liked those, and that one looked well done.

ramblin_wreck08

Curves > Straights
Thanks! Yeah it was a great track. And that Z was VERY nicely done. It really had too much power for a novice driver, but was a beautiful machine. He wound up sideways on one of his later runs, and said he had to be extremely careful with the throttle the whole time. Lots of fun in a straight line, but seemed to need some tweaks to be set up correctly for autocross.

speedin

The Transporter
Thanks! Yeah it was a great track. And that Z was VERY nicely done. It really had too much power for a novice driver, but was a beautiful machine. He wound up sideways on one of his later runs, and said he had to be extremely careful with the throttle the whole time. Lots of fun in a straight line, but seemed to need some tweaks to be set up correctly for autocross.
Sounds like my kind of Z, too much for a Auto-x! :lol: