New to the site; 1995 VSM RS Coupe

Army74D

gtavila_
it happens when your too low and without an alignment! cars coming along nicely.
Although I will be getting the alignment/ toe done.. That wasn't the issue with the rubber being shaved off the tires here. The problem was, there's a pointless thin piece of the metal frame inside the front wheel wells that sticks down about 2.5-3 inches. My tire was rubbing on that as it acted like a razor and took a few strips of rubber off the front tires (mostly the front passengers side). :(
Nothing a Dremel and a hammer can't fix. :D

Last edited:

Rattlecan Hero

Frame Banger
Although I will be getting the alignment/ toe done.. That wasn't the issue with the rubber being shaved off the tires here. The problem was, there's a pointless thin piece of the metal frame inside the front wheel wells that sticks down about 2.5-3 inches. My tire was rubbing on that as it acted like a razor and took a few strips of rubber off the front tires (mostly the front passengers side). :(
Nothing a Dremel and a hammer can't fix. :D
Damn I have the same problem. If I hit the slightest dip on the highway my tire rubs like a motherscratcher. I cringe every time.

Army74D

gtavila_
Damn I have the same problem. If I hit the slightest dip on the highway my tire rubs like a motherscratcher. I cringe every time.
Rubbing makes me cringe.. But seeing the rubber pieces that came off my 1 month old tires almost made me cry. :(

Issue fixed, No camber kit.. Yet. :oops:

Before.

After.

Last edited:

Boxy

$3 for your antenna plug?? I paid about $13 for mine from Acura of Modesto. :suprise:
I will def let you know about my suspension.

Thanks yo! I'm originally from South San Jose.. Living in the 209 now. What about you?

--------
I wish I could ride this low.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWbCU0btwo8
Late reply on my part here, but yeah it was only 3 bucks. That's the benefits of living in Vermont I guess, no one lives here so shit's cheap.

Also, nice work on the tires :lol:

My teggy's leaking tranny oil. Let's hope its not something serious... or she may be out of running for a loong while till I can work up money to get a new tranny.

built_ls

dude i had the same problem when i got my new suspension. my passenger tire was all chipped up. i had a good 75% thread left on it too. i was mad. i just banged every sharp point back

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
nice ride bro :thumbs up

for that antenna plug, i paid 30 cents for a plastic plug and used some clear RTV sealant that i already had at my house.

glad the SSS:hints/tips thread helped you out on that bad rubbing issue. +1 for the RS too! if you wanna do some polishing on the stock exhaust, heres how mine turned out with some sanding and a welded pepboys muffler tip

kinda reminds me of the process of my car. painted the side moldings from black to white, picked up some spoon mirrors, but then i ended up shaving the side moldings :rolf: oh well. lookin good so far tho. so youre in the army? im in the navy. stationed over in NAS north island. about to be deployed next month.

Last edited:

Army74D

gtavila_
Late reply on my part here, but yeah it was only 3 bucks. That's the benefits of living in Vermont I guess, no one lives here so s***'s cheap.

Also, nice work on the tires :lol:

My teggy's leaking tranny oil. Let's hope its not something serious... or she may be out of running for a loong while till I can work up money to get a new tranny.
Thanks dude, Have you look at where the leak is coming from? If not.. Check the seal of the drain plug.

dude i had the same problem when i got my new suspension. my passenger tire was all chipped up. i had a good 75% thread left on it too. i was mad. i just banged every sharp point back
Lol, When I first noticed all the rubber that came off the tire.. I went into super panic mode. I was like "I just bought these f*cking tires!". After taking off all the wheels and inspecting closer, I saw that they were'nt that bad. I mean, I still lost alot of rubber but the tread is still there. :smackself

nice ride bro :thumbs up

for that antenna plug, i paid 30 cents for a plastic plug and used some clear RTV sealant that i already had at my house.

glad the SSS:hints/tips thread helped you out on that bad rubbing issue. +1 for the RS too! if you wanna do some polishing on the stock exhaust, heres how mine turned out with some sanding and a welded pepboys muffler tip

kinda reminds me of the process of my car. painted the side moldings from black to white, picked up some spoon mirrors, but then i ended up shaving the side moldings :rolf: oh well. lookin good so far tho. so youre in the army? im in the navy. stationed over in NAS north island. about to be deployed next month.
Alright guys, stop rubbing in my face the fact that you guys paid close to nothing for your block off plugs. Or that I just got ripped off. Hahaha. :(

Thanks for the love.
Dude, that exhaust looks super sexy! I polished mine a little bit, but nowhere close to that. I didn't take it off to polish it though. I'll do it again, I want it to look like that!

Yes, I'm in the Army. I was lucky to be stationed in California, and even luckier to be stationed close to home. :D
Also lucky to be in a non-combat deployable unit.. We're Homeland Defense/ International natural disasters first responders. :woot:

ice raptor

i smell cinnamon rolls!
very sexy teg dude! hoping to get a nice clean one like your's soon :) whats your next plan on upgrading it?

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
Aaah you Army and Navy guys! I can imagine how it feels to be away from your car so long, GET PAID, come home and dump some serious cash in the pit!!! lol !!!
(Thats just my late greeting, welcome to the site)
Now that I've got that off my chest, iLike your progress!
Sound and looks to me like you're building a track car? Autocross etc?....

Army74D

gtavila_
very sexy teg dude! hoping to get a nice clean one like your's soon :) whats your next plan on upgrading it?
Thanks man.
There's a couple of smaller things I need to do here and there. Like change out all the speakers, both or my rears are pretty much blown.. And both door speakers are getting there. Damn 16 year old factory speakers. :x
I'm also planning on getting front and rear camber kits and some polished LCA's.
But the next "big" upgrade I guess you can say, a PAINT JOB. My car doesn't look as good in person as it does in pics. Lol.. I need a paint job. Same color though. :)
I'll also be looking at new wheels soon.
All this should be done by my bday (September), hopefully sooner.
I won't be messing with the perfectly good engine anytime soon.

Aaah you Army and Navy guys! I can imagine how it feels to be away from your car so long, GET PAID, come home and dump some serious cash in the pit!!! lol !!!
(Thats just my late greeting, welcome to the site)
Now that I've got that off my chest, iLike your progress!
Sound and looks to me like you're building a track car? Autocross etc?....
Thanks Primoce.. Shiiiit, with most of the money I've made that I could've dumped into my car (or bought my dream car-Subaru WRX), I bought my mom an SUV, paid her mortgage a few times.. Cause I'm a good son. And now I'm a broke son. Lol
I would love to do AutoX. We'll see what the future holds. :)

Last edited:

Boxy

Thanks dude, Have you look at where the leak is coming from? If not.. Check the seal of the drain plug.
I can't seem to find where the leak could be coming from. Nothing obviously seen. Noob question, but where would I find the drain plug :p

ice raptor

i smell cinnamon rolls!
nice, sounds like your gonna make this baby shine. wish i could help with the paint job since im a autobody guy but not anywhere near ya. good luck with her tho!