2 things, air intake and racing seats

BambinoGS

Anti-Ricer
A friend of mine is parting out his 91 RS and I have a 90 GS. I am buying his CAI and his racing seats for around $250-300. Is it a good deal? It's an AEM CAI and the racing seats look like this http://www.getnrg.com/products/seats/type-r-style-seats/feed I'm not sure if they're the same brand though. it's both seats in near perfect condition.

I think it's a good deal but I would like a second opinion.

Will the CAI bolt up fine without any problems?

LittleB10

i checked the seats, they look nice. and the intake should bolt up no prob. as far as the deal goes, sounds pretty good. those seats are 200 a piece and your getting both and a cai for cheaper. good luck with install of everything.

Prozon

Kris
What brand are the seats? You can pick up two "racing" seats on eBay for that price, or cheaper, are you sure that's not what they are? And CAI are usually dirt cheap. If it's a decent brand seat, it would probably be a good deal.

Do they come with the harness or are you using stock seatbelts?
Remember if you install a racing harness DO NOT hook them to your back seatbelts. Get a harness bar installed, running with the harness hooked to the back seat is about as good as running without any at all.

BambinoGS

Anti-Ricer
I wouldn't get the harnesses right now because I can't find a single harness bar for a DA. I'll be using stock seat belts. I'm not sure on the brand because they came with the car when he bought it and neither of us are sure of the brand.

Prozon

Kris
I'm fairly certain they are eBay seats. I could be wrong though, I know for a fact that there are some stores on eBay that make replica's that look like that though.

As for the harness bar, I couldn't find any either. I'm just going to make one for my car.

BambinoGS

Anti-Ricer
Would then be safe in a collision/crash? Rated to the same or greater standard than the stock seats? Eg.... DOT approved.

Prozon

Kris
On the bottom, back, somewhere along a seam sewed on I assume.

As for safetey, the seats themselves really offer no protection, it's the rails people have issues with. Some say the "eBay" seat rails are unsafe. I don't know about that though.

Prozon

Kris
On the bottom, back, somewhere along a seam sewed on I assume.

As for safetey, the seats themselves really offer no protection, it's the rails people have issues with. Some say the "eBay" seat rails are unsafe. I don't know about that though.

BambinoGS

Anti-Ricer
Okay. I'll make sure the rails are solid, If not I can just make something up (metal fab and welder)