2012 ROTY: Best N/A Integra or RSX

Best N/A Integra or RSX

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I edited my previous post before your reply refreshed for me, sorry. Also, like I said in my edit, I do not believe that was the only vote that focused on how clean the engine bay is...
No I know what you mean man. We're usually on the same wave length

Nick_C78

So yeah, what is the purpose of this category Mr. Mod(s)? Does the appearance of the engine bay have any role in it? Because it says 'it is not a beauty contest and all that matters is whats under the hood'. However, some people might/do take it as, "it doesn't matter how the rest of the car looks, all that matters is how the engine bay looks".

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Lol. How's your engine running? Fuckin chill, bro. You're crusading. Maybe n/a means cleaner engine bay to some since it lacks a turbo makes sense

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
So yeah, what is the purpose of this category Mr. Mod(s)? Does the appearance of the engine bay have any role in it? Because it says 'it is not a beauty contest and all that matters is whats under the hood'. However, some people might/do take it as, "it doesn't matter how the rest of the car looks, all that matters is how the engine bay looks".
Its not a perfect system, i have some ideas on how to improve specific categories ie suspension, interior, motor to make them less of a beauty contest. Well more like suspension and motor categories.

Nick_C78

Lol. How's your engine running? f***in chill, bro. You're crusading. Maybe n/a means cleaner engine bay to some since it lacks a turbo makes sense
Not sure, haven't driven it since December 17th, probably still pulls harder then yours though. Also, I knew your punk ass would chime in, which is why I tried to clearly state I wasn't bitching about votes, but it was dumb of me to assume you'd use your brain and keep the trolling out of here. All I am asking is if this is based on how the engine bay looks at all. I could care less if it does or it doesn't. I just want clarification on the purpose and I guess "rules" of this category. I am obviously not the only one slightly confused.

Nick_C78

Not sure how much more I can dumb that down for you. If looks play a role then that is fine. I am just wondering if it does at all. Is that better for you or is the troll still hungry?

speedin

The Transporter
I am still very confused about this category. It says that it is not a beauty contest however it does seem that some people are voting on the looks of the engine bay instead of the build itself. Case and point is the person stating that they voted because it has a wire and brake line tuck, which is cool we all have our interpretation of good builds and I am not hating on anyone. I just find it odd that it was the specific reason they voted for said car, versus the other possible reasons, because both a wire tuck and brake line tuck have nothing to do with an NA build. So is it an engine bay beauty contest or are we voting for the best NA build performance and parts wise? Just looking for some clarity as to the purpose of this category.

PS: Not trying to hate on anyone, nor am I suggesting others deserve more/less votes, etc.
It's both. Different people like different things. Some focus on raw power, some a flat curve build, some like a immaculate bay. If this was purely the best engine build then that would be something entirely different and the person with the most power would most likely win out. Adding in the entire engine bay includes the appearance along with the engine build. This makes the competition more interesting.

If someone came in here with a stock B18b with a perfectly tucked bay I would bet the farm they still wouldnt win. Why? Because the voters (you) care about more than a clean bay. Its a package deal, and its up to the voters to weigh all those factors and vote.

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
Not sure how much more I can dumb that down for you. If looks play a role then that is fine. I am just wondering if it does at all. Is that better for you or is the troll still hungry?
I'm a fan of the b20s, I read through all the other threads. Lol, it took me a long time to decide. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate a built track car and other purpose built cars but it's just my taste. I don't recall doing any trolling, but correct me if i'm wrong.

Nick_C78

It's both. Different people like different things. Some focus on raw power, some a flat curve build, some like a immaculate bay. If this was purely the best engine build then that would be something entirely different and the person with the most power would most likely win out. Adding in the entire engine bay includes the appearance along with the engine build. This makes the competition more interesting.

If someone came in here with a stock B18b with a perfectly tucked bay I would bet the farm they still wouldnt win. Why? Because the voters (you) care about more than a clean bay. Its a package deal, and its up to the voters to weigh all those factors and vote.
Alright cool. Thats what I kind of figured it was, but the whole "Its not a beauty contest" part kind of through me off a little. Thanks for clearing that up for me though.

Nick_C78

I'm a fan of the b20s, I read through all the other threads. Lol, it took me a long time to decide. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate a built track car and other purpose built cars but it's just my taste. I don't recall doing any trolling, but correct me if i'm wrong.
Wasn't talking about you at all sir. Sorry if you thought any of that was directed to you. It was directed towards Pat, king of the trolls.

Also, I was never complaining about peoples votes, or the people getting votes. I just had a question about the rules is all.

speedin

The Transporter
Alright cool. Thats what I kind of figured it was, but the whole "Its not a beauty contest" part kind of through me off a little. Thanks for clearing that up for me though.
No problem. Yes that "It's not a beauty contest" bit is to get people looking under the hood. Because when you click on the link you are taken to the application where you can see the entire car. In the past we have had votes clearly go to the better looking car with no regard to the engine. In fact when I first started ROTY this poll had photos of the cars not the engine bays. That was a lesson quickly learned, lol.