2012 ROTY: Sammich

Royal_DA

Royal
I remember you mentioning something about a whale penis... still a go or no go? I've never seen a DA with one. I dont even know if a whale penis fits a DA, was that even you??.

Still i think it would look better with 93's :nod:

Sammich

Hows the damage fixing coming along?
yea i meant to ask you about that
probably wont be fixed until mid year or so. the guy that does my body work is out of the states w/ fam since like october i believe. i have to source a fender and figure out if i want to get a 92-93 front bumper, or just get a new 90-91 to get resprayed and tossed on, along w/ my OEM trunk spoiler

I remember you mentioning something about a whale penis... still a go or no go? I've never seen a DA with one. I dont even know if a whale penis fits a DA, was that even you??.

Still i think it would look better with 93's :nod:
actually i let ricky get it for the time being, i did the odyssey battery so i could put the whale penis on, but when i tried, the prop valve (brake) was in the way and pushed all the way into the dizzy cap, so i didnt put it on. if i relocate it, i'll toss it on, but as of right now, naw :(

Sammich

a couple more i forgot i had...this is while i was in ATL just before i left for tampa, i just wiped the whole car down

Local

Mmmmmm sammiches

^what he said...i wouldnt ever get 92-93 tails...only chance of me doing that 92-93 move is on the front bumper and i'm fighting the urge
Noo, keep the 90-91. Fight the good fight! 92-93 is like a huge smile & reminds me of Tomas the tank engine or some automobile with a face. I do enjoy the later tails, tho I agree these look better on yours.

Good luck! Nice beach shots

Sammich

thanks man. it's a toss up..and truthfully i need a new front bumper either way it goes, which is why i'm having a debate in my head on what to get

Royal_DA

Royal
Well Sammich lol (feels weird saying that) if you do end up adding that whale penis you should make a how to for the rest of us DA owners. Either that or we'll just find a way ourselves :thumbs up

sexy DA.... :santa: I need to find out the difference between 90-92 front bumper and 93... no idea what you guys were talking about. Time to search.

is it 90-91? and 92-3-93?? I always thought 90-92 were same and 93 was the odd one

Last edited:

Sammich

the only thing that needs to be done (which is alot) is to relocate the proportioning valve, after that the intake is easy to put on, just like any other intake...

but mine is the 90-91 front bumper..

and this is the 92-93 front bumper...

bisforb16

LOL...first thing i did when i got my car, i went through my engine and did alllllllllllllllll my maintenance, next was to replace the s***ty exhaust w/ a less s***ty catback ebay exhaust, then alarm...then teh other mods came
First things first.. CLEAN ASS DB1.

Just picked up a 1990 LS DA coupe myself. Car is currently not running but is getting an LSV swap by the end of this month. I want to do all the maintenance on it as well.. suggestions? Again, super nice car man. :nod:

Last edited:

Sammich

You're headed in the right direction, maintenance should be paramount, then get an alarm, from there, do what you want w/ it.

I'm personally about having a reliable vehicle, if it's not reliable i dont want to drive it. Go make a progress thread so all of us can follow it. Welcome to G2s...i'm sure you know about g2ic.com too, good info, dont post a thread and expect response unless you have clout there, if you want to have a question answered, do extensive research on that site