Aussie's DB2

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
My wrenching always gets shifted from what I want to do, to what I have to do. :/
Back to blue with the MS3

speedin

The Transporter
My wrenching always gets shifted from what I want to do, to what I have to do. :/
Back to blue with the MS3

Next time, switch to Motul. I did some brake studies and calculations comparing some of the top fluids for the Formula braking system I build every year and the winner was actually MOTUL RBF600. Not even the 660. It was a true test involving wet and dry temps, thats why the 660 didnt win. 600 is the best by far. I found Blue to be the worst. AP racing had some nice fluids, but for the $ MOTUL RBF600 won.

I mean on a DD you may never notice. But next time :D

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Intresting, what about moisture resistence? Because in the past I've heard some of those performance brake fluids didn't hold up well to time and changing temperature conditions so they weren't ideal for long term in daily drivers. I've tracked ATE fluids a lot in my m3 and it always seemed great, but I don't doubt there's better.

I like motul products, used them before in bikes with excellent results just curious. You say it's better cause of a higher boiling point?

Last edited:

speedin

The Transporter
Intresting, what about moisture resistence? Because in the past I've heard some of those performance brake fluids didn't hold up well to time and changing temperature conditions so they weren't ideal for long term in daily drivers. I've tracked ATE fluids a lot in my m3 and it always seemed great, but I don't doubt there's better.

I like motul products, used them before in bikes with excellent results just curious. You say it's better cause of a higher boiling point?
What you are thinking of is the wet boiling point. And that is actually where ATE fell on its face, take a look at the difference between its wet and dry boiling points, then look at motul RBF600 and 660. There is more to the formula than this, but a good test is to take the difference between the wet and dry boiling points, divide that by 2 and add it to the wet boiling point. That will give a more realistic number for your use.

So using that, really quickly...

Motul RBF600 True Boiling - 507*F (this is still the winner given how close it is to the 660 and it having a MUCH higher full wet boiling point)

Motul RBF660 True Boiling - 508*F

ATE Super Blue True Boiling - 462*F

AP Racing True Boiling - 445*F

Last edited:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I see, I might check the Motul out in the teg. I really like the ability to switch between colors though so I know when it's all out.

So today I was cleaning the garage out and collecting parts that need to be installed.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Organizing organizing, soooo boring but te garage was a mess and its all for getting started on the db2

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I've used Motul in the past and had no complaints. I am on stock fluid right now, but will switch back when I redo my brake setup.

Nice garage btw.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Aye, thanks, the garage is basically the whole bottom floor of the house, that's just a corner I was working on :)

I'm rearranging so I can fit all three cars in if needed, I'll take a big shot when I finish. I think I'll need some dolleys to get the car where I want it to work on. I can't seem to drive it around a pole that's in my way :/