b16 or b18?

buy the cheaper b16 or get the gsr?

• Total voters

k624ash

im thinkin of putting in an lsd while i have everything apart, it will take me a couple extra weeks to save up that money though. but from what i understand an lsd is a pretty good investment

Sirfallsalot243

k624ash said:
im thinkin of putting in an lsd while i have everything apart, it will take me a couple extra weeks to save up that money though. but from what i understand an lsd is a pretty good investment
Thats one thing I wish I had done. Its about $350 for a JDM ITR LSD, and a shop will install it for about $150. So its actually cheaper to just buy a transmission that already has one- but its your call.

k624ash

well i already have a b16 trans, do you guys think i should get an oem lsd? or spend the big bucks on a quaife?

Sirfallsalot243

You cant use an ITR LSD on a B16 trans unless you buy the ITR final drive too.

Sirfallsalot243

Winki said:
dont knock it till you try it
The results for the OBX LSD have been very different for each person. The reason for this is not because the product is shitty, but because the assembly is. There are metal particles and crap inside the LSD when you first get it. Its very important that you disassemble, clean, and reassemble the LSD before installing it. Failing to do so can result in a blown LSD within the first 5 minutes of driving. There is a VERY thorough write up on honda-tech on how to do it. Its actually not very difficult.

I would still stick with a JDM ITR LSD though.

Winki

Undercover mod
Sirfallsalot243 said:
The results for the OBX LSD have been very different for each person. The reason for this is not because the product is shitty, but because the assembly is. There are metal particles and crap inside the LSD when you first get it. Its very important that you disassemble, clean, and reassemble the LSD before installing it. Failing to do so can result in a blown LSD within the first 5 minutes of driving. There is a VERY thorough write up on honda-tech on how to do it. Its actually not very difficult.

I would still stick with a JDM ITR LSD though.
The OBX is after all just a badly assembled quaife (in theroy) so you words are correct but if i remember correctly dont oem lsd ware out?
any who i have seen so much success with the OBX and im talkin 600hp + not to mention it didn't fall apart when my best friend accidently reved my car to 12K

k624ash

i did skim through that article on honda-tech, does anyone have trouble with the lsd after they do all that? or does that cure everything

Winki

Undercover mod
k624ash said:
i did skim through that article on honda-tech, does anyone have trouble with the lsd after they do all that? or does that cure everything
i have not had a problem with mine or any of my friends with theres ;)