Back w/ the Honda Game a lil bit v.DD

Sammich

something is grounding out horribly. i'm going to have to take out everything and try to figure it out..its poppin fuses like a monster. right now i have no dash lights at all

Sammich

well i tore back down my center console again today got my dash light back working again and stopped the short that kept blowing my fuses (had a couple wires connected that wasnt supposed to be) found out that on the 90 and older model hondas, the cigarette lighter was always 'hot' so with that said, pretty much got everything fixed...

anyone know how to successfully remove teh dash panel with the climate control w/o breaking anything? i need to replace the bulbs

Sammich

picked up some fat fives this past weekend. gona get the tires removed and polish them before i install em.

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
I'm starting to like the look of fat fives on DA's. Post pics when your done!!!

Sammich

yea me as well..i use to be a die hard 'blades on DA or die' but i've seen a couple and loved it.

heads up my car isnt dropped so 4x4 on fives lol.

Sammich

lol i'm more focused on paying off some things than dropping this car, i'm doing more necessities than 'fun things' right now on this car

Sammich

did some work this weekend...went and got the tires removed...started wet sanding (started at 800 grit since i didnt feel like going back to the parts store to get 400 grit) and taped up the wheels to paint the inserts...have to get another can of paint so i can finish it up today, and i guess ill finish wet sanding this week. it should be done by the end of this week.

Before using aircraft stripper:

During aircraft stripper:

800 Grit wet sanded complete:

Taped off and ready to paint the inserts:

Primed:

ill get more pics today

Sammich

more progress on teh wheels:

Gunmetal w/ 800 grit wetsanded:

hard to see the imperfections of hte cut off point until you're there in person

one on the far left is pretty much done at 1000 grit wetsand..i guess it was the perfect grit when i did the other two wheels :eek:

Sammich

2000 grit wet sanded, ready to get compounded and mothers polished..hopefully itll all be done tomorrow

yes, i didnt go all the way down to 320 grit etc to get the gouges on the lips out because i didnt deem it necessary to go through all of that, this is currently my beater and i dont plan for this car to be a show queen or the like, just wanted a cleaner look than the rattle canned hubcaps thats on there now. but all in all i'm absolutely happy w/ the results thus far, that 2000 grit did work on these wheels :D

sylvaner01

looking good bud, love those rims! cant wait to see how she looks with them on!
Are you doing a weight reduction on that teg too? I havnt read the full topic as you can tell.
good luck

Sammich

no weight reduction, everything will remain in this car. its a beater w/ a/c. may eventually get a stage1 paint job but thats about it. next couple things i'm going to work on is getting this alarm installed, rack and pinion replaced, and two rear window regulators replaced and figure out why my front window is moving around. all in all though, excellent riding/running car. i love it!

Sammich

I'M FINALLLLLLLLLLLLY FINISHED!!!!!!!!! I hit it w/ rubbing compound, then polish compound, then hit it w/ mothers mag/wheel polish then put a coat of meguiars wax....<3

:D :D

Sammich

Hey man what's up. Nice to see you got a DB1. Lmk if you ever need any help/advice
thanks man will do...i think what i'm going to need help w/ is removing the climate control piece...i'm scared to remove it..but my lights work since i 'banged' my dash :lol::lol: