Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
with my car being repaired and with living so close to school and work ive been wanting to get a bike to commute from school and work. Im wanting to get something 04 and up and the bikes im looking at are a gsxr 600, r6 and cbr 600rr (basically 600cc bikes lol) i know pricing depends on miles but i found a gsxr 600 with 29k and is in good condition and hasnt even been laid down ect for $3900 but was going to try and talk the guy down to $3500. Would that be a good price? any opinions on?

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
sv650 does not = a gsxr600 but from a price standpoint, sure. The year should be stated if asking an opinion. Twins like the sv are always cheaper than the standard inline super sport.

R13

The other asshole
Sv's have terrible suspension :lol:
It's really all about maintenance, a bike with 25k and really good maintenance will be better than a bike with 5k and no maintenance, Also make sure what ever bike you get is fuel injected.

Sent from my Toaster

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
sv650 does not = a gsxr600 but from a price standpoint, sure. The year should be stated if asking an opinion. Twins like the sv are always cheaper than the standard inline super sport.
well i did say i was looking for something 04 and up.

R13

The other asshole
Tyrone Gilks, Youngest person to backflip a dirtbike at 12yrs old, Had a practice crash yesterday, Past away at 6.15pm 3/20/2013 :(

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
No human that's ever thrown a leg over a bike would write that horrible horrible nonsense.

94RS

No fucks given.
Why is it that the comments make more sense than the actual article?

The number one thing is just to wear the gear (especially the helmet), and so many people neglect to do it. Just the other day in the ER, we had two very similar (crash-wise) motorcyclists come in. The one wearing his gear left in a couple hours with a cast. The one who wasn't is currently comatose, and we're not sure if he's going to pull through.

I cringe whenever I see an unhelmeted biker on the road, and even after I leave this job I don't think that'll change.

R13

The other asshole
Probably because the author doesn't ride and the people in the comments do (hence how they found it) and they're just trying to set people straight, It is kinda true people in cars seem to want you dead but his/her description of it was exaggerated a bit.

Everything else made no sense at all.

OLDSKOOLACURA

That's my guess, the person that wrote it rode for like 20mins and says he rides.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2