Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
What's this about wanting something old? :rolf:

I already ordered brand new front and rear brake shoes, front cable and new levers. Why is it that both the clutch and front brake levers together are cheaper than just the front brake lever by itself? :lol:

Also ordered one of these because I've lost the tiny ass key three times already :lol:
http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=271448038816

R13

The other asshole
I mean it's basically the same thing as that 50 mini trail I have and it's a 1969 :lol:

Small 4 strokes are pretty easy to deal with anyway and they're fairly lightweight.

I just don't like old clunky heavy shit :lol:

treeafodo

Austin
Damn tree that's alot, I put alittle over 100 yesterday on my cbr and I was riding for awhile lol
Yeah, it's been a lot of seat time. I bring my camera with me so I do get off as I see something worth a picture.
Have you decided weather you're going to keep the 1000 or buy another bike yet?

94RS

No fucks given.
Not gonna lie, this 125 swapped one is fun as fuck. I went to get gas earlier and had 3-4 people asking about it. They couldn't believe it was an '81 :lol:

Already thinking about future plans for it: Trail Tech Vapor speedo sometime soon. But eventually strip down the frame, get the frame powder coated/plastic parts painted satin black. New leg shield/Honda badge/70 Deluxe plate. And get the rims powdered white with black spokes/hubs.

R13

The other asshole
So I was just sitting here calculating everything I had to see where buying a set of tires and a random orbital polishing kit would put me when I realized that I'm sitting right on top of what I need to buy an RC, I was dead set on ordering a set of tires and the polisher until I noticed that and now I'm pretty sure the teg's not getting s*** :lol:

Last edited:

96LSteg

Jemel
So I was just sitting here calculating everything I had to see where buying a set of tires and a random orbital polishing kit would put me when I realized that I'm sitting right on top of what I need to buy an RC, I was dead set on ordering a set of tires and the polisher until I noticed that and now I'm pretty sure the teg's not getting s*** :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Hopefully I won't regret waiting until I can buy gear too, There's a couple of good deals local at the moment but nothing significant enough to give in to temptation, Can't be squidding around and I know I can't just have one sitting in the garage and NOT ride it :lol:

96LSteg

Jemel
Hopefully I won't regret waiting until I can buy gear too, There's a couple of good deals local at the moment but nothing significant enough to give in to temptation, Can't be squidding around and I know I can't just have one sitting in the garage and NOT ride it :lol:
what amount of gear do you wear before you consider yourself not "squidding"

R13

The other asshole
At the very least: Armored mesh pants/jacket, Gauntlet gloves, Helmet and boots (Can be army boots or something similar but still won't keep you from breaking/crushing ankles like proper riding boots)

I'm planning on getting:
Shark speed R helmet
Icon Stryker Rig (For hot weather)
Joe rocket GPX 2.0 gloves
SIDI ST Air Boots

Still haven't decided on pants, I would prefer armored kevlar but I want knee sliders.

96LSteg

Jemel
At the very least: Armored mesh pants/jacket, Gauntlet gloves, Helmet and boots (Can be army boots or something similar but still won't keep you from breaking/crushing ankles like proper riding boots)

I'm planning on getting:
Shark speed R helmet
Icon Stryker Rig (For hot weather)
Joe rocket GPX 2.0 gloves
SIDI ST Air Boots

Still haven't decided on pants, I would prefer armored kevlar but I want knee sliders.
So lets say you dd your bike to work, you would swap shoes and pants everyday?

R13

The other asshole
Yep :lol:

For DDing just wear armored pants and pull the armor plates out so they're comfortable or slip them over your normal pants.

Some (Probably most days :lol: ) I just wore regular boots too like I mentioned.

I have this phobia of breaking ankles though, Once you wear proper riding boots that feel like steel plating surrounding your ankles regular boots feel like thin socks :scurred:

96LSteg

Jemel
Yep :lol:

For DDing just wear armored pants and pull the armor plates out so they're comfortable or slip them over your normal pants.

Some (Probably most days :lol: ) I just wore regular boots too like I mentioned.

I have this phobia of breaking ankles though, Once you wear proper riding boots that feel like steel plating surrounding your ankles regular boots feel like thin socks :scurred:

Ok. Im just trying to get an idea of all the gear I need to purchase. The first time i EVER owned a bike (for a very short amount of time) I had a helmet and thats it :lol: but I was also only like 18 :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
Didn't we all? :lol:

Armor AND abrasion protection is super important, If you skid you don't want your skin scraped off and if you end up hit by a car and/or go airborne you need the impact absorption, Back protectors are a really good thing too, The added support may just save you life (And spine) if you get rear ended.

I might buy a dainese leather jacket and a back protector but that's a lot more than just the stryker rig

96LSteg

Jemel
Didn't we all? :lol:

Armor AND abrasion protection is super important, If you skid you don't want your skin scraped off and if you end up hit by a car and/or go airborne you need the impact absorption, Back protectors are a really good thing too, The added support may just save you life (And spine) if you get rear ended.

I might buy a dainese leather jacket and a back protector but that's a lot more than just the stryker rig
Ive been looking at Icon gear. those Shark helmets you posted are sweet though. Im torn on my helmet choice

R13

The other asshole
I really want an agv helmet but they just don't make an aggressive enough shell, They all look pretty bland to me. :(

The shark looks nice in person though and I still like the ghost carbon airframe :)