Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
All RC's are fuel injected, The sp2 is just finer tuned.

I think the sp1 would be fun though, It surges at low speeds. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Almost a week later and I finally ordered a new clutch cable... f***ing job gives me no downtime :lol:. A bunch of s*** for the Integra is coming too :mrgreen:

R13

The other asshole
Putting the carbs back in the shitty cruiser...

I got them in, Now I gotta hook the cables and hoses up, Who here has tiny hands? Mine are too f***ing big to stuff in these tight holes... :lol:

OneFastGSR

Havn't got to work on the cbr at all, But I can't figure out how the hell to remove the motor, I got both of the engine bolt castle nuts off with the tool I bought, removed all the bolts from the engine, there's no connectors left. The motor is literally sitting inside the frame, no bolts holding it, nothing, But it won't come away from the frame. I put a jack under it I can try to raise it/lower it but it's just solid with the frame, Even though there's no bolts holding it... Lol

R13

The other asshole
Did you pull the axle thing out of the swingarm?

There's a big shaft that goes through the swingarm and the engine case.

OneFastGSR

I checked that out, The swingarm bolt doesn't go through the engine on my bike, that bolt is just the swingarm and frame, The 2 bolts that go through the engine casing in the back are both out. Engine just sits around where the swingarm bolt is. But definitely isn't connected with that bolt

R13

The other asshole
It'll be heavy :lol:

Remember that big ass thing I pulled out of the cruiser?

Here's all that's visible when it's installed...

OneFastGSR

In this video he doesn't remove the swingarm bolt.

Shit fast foward until like 8 minutes, He has way more stuff still on his bike compared to me, I literally have front forks, handle bars, swingarm, engine, and frame is literally all that's left. All the plugs on the wiring harness are disconnected (Nothing with wiring holding engine), Removed all 4 side engine mounts, than 2 engine bolts that go through the frame on the back are gone. There's no bolts holding the engine. But the motor still doesn't budge at all. Like I don't understand how in the fuck it's not just falling out the bottom of the frame. I'm about to give up lol There's nothing I can remove to take out the engine!

[YOUTUBE="this nig"]yLyHVdJBK7I[/YOUTUBE]

OneFastGSR

Nah I don't bother asking my brother for help anymore it's not even worth the try, But I figured it out, It had to do with the 2 rear engine bolts, There's 2 adjustment bolts threaded into the frame, and the castle nut on the end has 2 posts, the bolt that goes through the frame fits into the castle nut, and you turn the bolt with an allen key to turn the adjuster bolt threaded into the frame. I finally figured that out, got both adjuster bolts loose and the engine spacers fell out. Engine is free now, I can move it up and down with the jack, But I'm kind've scared to try to drop it by myself, I have to kind of raise the engine with the jack, than move it forward and lower it to remove it from frame, Might have to wait and try to get a friend to come help. But the engine is just sitting on the jack now.

OneFastGSR

Looked it over again and figured it out! The air box piece that sits on top of motor I never took out and it was bolted to the frame, Which was holding the motor from coming out. I took off the air box, And had a jack under the motor, tried to raise it, To move over a part of the frame it was stuck on, Than moved the jack forward trying to move the engine with it. than let the jack down, But than it all went to hell!!! The engine started falling out the frame. But moving the entire bike at the same time!! I was holding the jack with one hand, and holding the bike on the rear stand at the same time with my other hand, Than I slowly let the jack all the way down so I could let go of it because the bike was about to fall off the rear stand, So I let the jack down, Motor kind've got caught up on the front tire, and the bottom of frame, somehow didn't fall to the ground, So I let go of the jack and ran to the back of the bike, Grabbed both sides of the swingarm and picked it up, set it back on the stand. Now i'm confused as to what to do from here, what do you guys think?? Lol!