Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OneFastGSR

Well here she is now, All that's left is like 4 connectors, circled, Got to break loose the front sprocket bolt so I can drop the chain and remove front sprocket, Than couple motor mounts is all holding the motor in. In the first photo you can see where the entire battery tray/plastic piece is broke in several places... May be idk if the pic is good enough.. Lol. 3rd pic you can see the nasty frame weld that i'm doing all this to fix

OneFastGSR

Only motor mount bolts left connected to motor, Going to remove header and drop the motor soon

I want a new main wiring harness when I put it back together, So many cut/ soldered wires. Can't even remove my tail light unless I cut the wires. Also my headlight sub harness is like literally every wire is cut, So I want to get a new headlight sub harness also. If I can't find one on craigslist real cheap or something I'll just have to try to fix all the issues with mine

Last edited:

OneFastGSR

Next plan is, Remove header, Drop engine, put jack under middle of frame, remove front wheel, drop forks, remove front end bracket holding the gauge cluster, headlights, fairing, etc, Than Remove swingarm. Than I should be pretty close to a bare frame, I think it'll be close enough I can bring what's left and get it welded up

OneFastGSR

Yeah... about putting it back together... lol! Took off the front end.

I thought the front fender was the only fairing not busted. I was wrong, It's busted to. Every single fairing was broken, Lol. The metal fairing bracket that holds the front end together on mine is also broke, It's missing a chunk and in the middle it was welded back together... I really wish I could get a new headlight harness and a new fairing bracket now before it goes back together...

Also I think my right fork seals are bad, Looks really messy. I think fork seals are cheap like $20 or so if I do it myself, So I can do that if I need to.

Done for the night, Next time I work on it, Going to remove header, drop engine. Than go from there

OneFastGSR

Okay insomnia kicked my ass tonight. Disassembled everything attached to the subframe.

Servo motor, Works good, wiring/connector is good, Going to clean it up

Subframe in good condition aside from scratches and scrapes, small small small "dents" Where the scrapes are. I assume it's been dropped and that's from the impact hitting the ground. I wonder if I can find someone that will powdercoat it with my frame on the cheap, I'm going to have to get the frame powder coated after it's welded anyways.

Heat shield and battery tray is busted in many many places.

Removed the kick stand and the header.

Running out of space. Tired as hell and tried to sleep for like 30 minutes just now. Wasn't happening. So I got back out of bed and now i'm posting this.... Lol. Wanted to pull the motor after I got some sleep but I just can't sleep...

I found a good condition, wiring harness for $50, No cut wires, Removed from running bike. I want to try to get that before I put the bike back together. My current wiring harness has so many cut wires there's no telling where they all go or what i'm missing. I figure that's probably why my motor runs s***ty in every way possible.

I think I found a powder coat color I want to do the frame, swingarm, etc in. I was trying to find a color to match my integra, Black with gold flake. But I found this and I kind've like it. Bronze metallic powder coat with clear vision clear which is a 100% gloss clear which pretty much replicates polished wet paint Here's an idea of what the color would look like. Think that would look good? Idk how that would look with gloss black fairings... Might look alittle weird. Lol

I'm trying to picture a gloss black cbr, with that color frame, swingarm, and wheels but I can't lol

Edit: Ok, Cancel out all the previous powder coating options I've thought about doing. I spent some time looking at tons of different powder coating colors. And if the colors turn out as planned whenever I get it done. It's going to look hella sexy. I'm not even going to give any ideas it'll be a surprise lol

Last edited:

OneFastGSR

Got a new main harness for $50. No cut wires, Everything factory sort've minty condition. It has alot of stuff that mine doesn't so I'm not sure where everything is going to hook up or mount. But Bike should definitely 100% run better with this harness. I can just tell there's alot missing on my harness. Maybe that's why it runs like shit shit. Also tool came in that I needed to remove engine, It's made in china and $15 off ebay so hopefully it does the job and doesn't break. I'll do some more work on it tomorrow, Having a party tonight lol

R13

The other asshole
What? :lol:

No such thing. :mrgreen:

You think that's fast... The RC213V has over 260hp and they've clocked it at 217+mph

R13

The other asshole
None, 600s are slow. :mrgreen:

Idk man, I raced MX for years, Straight line speed doesn't excite me, You should get a 2 stroke MX bike and hit the track some, Might make it easier.

I wouldn't let the gsxr go though, You'll miss her. :(

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
How do you own a bike and not have any tickets?!

I just got a 4 point ticket a month ago. I just got pulled over doing 41 in a 30.. LUCKILY I was almost hit by a car 10 seconds before that so I had to speed up to get by him. Although it was a little ways to where to the cop was, he still let me off because of that. Although he gave me a failure to show insurance ticket that I just need to prove I have.

I swear I had a copy in the back of my bike, but it's no where to be found.

I get a 4 point ticket and I lose my license :(