Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
I'm gonna cry when she hits the floor.

Damn a 2011? That dude is really desperate for a blade. :lol:
She won't, is leaning over an inch against the wall. Im thinking of either getting huge screws into the ply wood so it won't move and adding a strap I can loop over it quickly, or drilling into the concrete and hope they don't charge me when we move out.. Lol

R13

The other asshole
Why not just glue some foam on the wall and lean it against it? :lol:

I hate those wheel things because over long periods of times they can warp your wheel if there is any side to side pressure. :(

R13

The other asshole
Get off the bike and push it in. :lol:

When I got my cbr the original owner put it in one, Not saying they all do it but the one he used did, It vibrated when I got it and that was why, It was a garage queen for several months before he sold it and he said before he stopped riding it didn't vibrate like that. :/

If you think about it when they sit in those if it's not on a level surface it would be putting a twisting pressure on the rim.

OneFastGSR

Looks like i'll have a 2011 600rr tomorrow if his title is actually in hand and clean/clear. He's willing to trade straight across if i'll deliver the 1000 to this shop in maumelle tomorrow after we trade.

He's really really into the 1000. He says it's the perfect color just a black bike, undertail exhaust, 1000rr, He was on the phone talkin about how much power it had lol he was like I just barely hit the gas and I was like gone lol, He was just excited in everyway like I was before I bought it. I hope if we trade the shop will fix up all the issues and give him a good deal on all of it.

Last edited:

OneFastGSR

I'ma be stuck with this bike forever lol. He wanted me to add cash with my bike, Alot more than I will/can add with it, So now he's saying he's going to just sell his bike and than buy mine that way he'll have cash to fix the issues on mine, He knows his bike is obviously worth more, Which is why he won't trade straight across. I'm not going to worry about it though, If he texts me back wanting to buy it than great. If not oh well, I got to ride a 2011 cbr 600rr lol. The power difference was rediculous. when i got on the 600 I felt like I was riding a 250. The 600 I gave it some throttle and I felt like a slug, The 1000 you give it barely any throttle it'll be pulling you off the bike lol

OneFastGSR

Well i'm stumped. I started the bike up, radiator cap off, radiator fan for some reason turned on as soon as I started the bike, It's at like 100-120 degrees max and radiator fan came on, Than it went off eventually randomly. Bike got up to temp, thermostat opened up, water pump started pumping water through it, I kept letting it idle, Got to around 220 degrees, radiator fan turned on, cooled it back to like 175-180, fan went off, it got up to 220 fan came on again cooled it down. Than all of a sudden out of nowhere it started getting hot, Than I realized the water stopped flowing, thermostat was closed, radiator fan doesn't turn on anymore. bike shot up to 240 degrees in a matter of seconds and I killed it. It's like the entire bike works and than it all stops working at the same damn time. How the hell does that even work. I have no idea what is causing all these issues. I'm about to set this bike on fire

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
You replaced the temperature switch right? Man I have no idea... trade it before it gives you more problems! Lol

Have you asked any cbr forums??

OneFastGSR

Yes brand new thermostat and temperature switch. One thing good I just found out is the headlight wiring harness is seperate from the main harness, All my headlight wiring is cut because hid's. Atleast I know I can go back to factory with a new harness and not have so many cut wires lol

Posted on 2 cbr forums and noone has been able to help yet, They all have ideas but I mean, What ideas have I not tried yet lol

OneFastGSR

Nah I havn't talked to any shops or dealers, It seems like a problem that has to be dealt with hands on and I can't pay a shop to do it. If I called a shop and was like, Like water pump thermostat and radiator fan works but they all work sometimes and sometimes none of it works. They'll all be confused as hell lol

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Cause when my stator/RR blew, I didn't know where to start so I went and asked at the bike dealerships around. They helped me out a lot actually. Just keep asking! Someone will know!

OneFastGSR

I called place called recycle motorsports, They fix bikes and sell them, part them out, etc, He pretty much said it had to be electric problem 100%. Told me to start it up and any wiring/connections to the water temp sensor, fan, etc, Just wiggle all the wires mess with the connectors and see if anything triggers. He pretty much was sure it was wiring. I also asked him if he'd be interested in buying my bike, He asked what it was, I said 06 1000rr, I was just like it's a rough bike it has no side fairings, front cowl, gas tank fairing, tail fairing is all busted, runs bad, overheating issue, etc, The first thing he said was what color is the bike, I told him it was black, He was like if it's the same cbr I'm thinking of than I refused the work on it for the previous owner because he cracked the block and wanted them to weld the block, Saying the bike was really rough etc. He wouldn't do it and said they welded up the block somewhere else. Than I said did it have red wheels? He was like yeah... I was like f***. Now I got to go see if I have a cracked/welded motor, Than i'm literally going to f*** this dude up that sold me this bike if I find that lol. If I can fix the coolant issue from overheating I'm going to drive it to recycle motorsports and talk to them, They probably have a bunch of extra parts for my bike like fairing pieces etc, Or they might buy it, But I doubt they'll give me a reasonable offer

OneFastGSR

Pulled the gas tank up so I can get to all the wiring underneath it when I turn on the bike, I turned on the bike, messed with all the connections and wires, everytime seemed just fine. I randomly though, I'll unplug the water temp sensor and replug the connector, As soon as I replugged it up, thermostat opened, fan turned on, etc. So Now I fill like it definitely has something to do with the water temp sensor plug. What was weird, The radiator fan was on the entire time. not just at 200+, It was at like 130 with the radiator fan blasting lol. I'm guessing that's because since I unplugged the sensor with the motor on, The check engine light started flashing the whole time, And I assume it just ran the fan the entire time because the ecu was reading the water temp sensor unplugged. I was going to start the bike up again and see if it was all going to work right or not after I restart it. Also found a gas leak, Since I had the tank up I could see everything. My fuel rail is leaking gas out the main banjo bolt... Definitely going to pull the gas tank up and seal that leak up. Probably just needs the bolt tightened more... Hoping the water temp sensor plug is just the issue, Maybe since I unplugged it and plugged it up it would fix the issues. Like maybe the connector was loose, And I just had to get it on there good... Damn battery is a piece of shit on this bike or something else is wrong somewhere, Sitting here waiting on the bike to cooldown to start it up. Turns over to slow to start when it's warm.