Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
If they find out what auction it's going to I'm gonna con my grandfather into helping me get it if I can, that old bitch can afford a few brand new sport bikes. :rolf:

I imagine it'll end up going for way more than I can pull his arm into giving, but it's worth a shot.

I don't have my hopes up though, I don't really care, I don't like the green and I hate the way 600-636's sound. :lol:

Any time a semi interesting vehicle ends up at a loan/finance office as a repo word always gets to me about it though so that's how I found out about it, and that's how I got the teg and the mustang. :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
If they find out what auction it's going to I'm gonna con my grandfather into helping me get it if I can, that old b**** can afford a few brand new sport bikes. :rolf:
Always conning your grandparents... :rolf:

I don't like the green
This is something I wish Kawasaki would stop doing... Slightly changing the f***ing shade of green, but still referring to it as "Kawasaki green"

Even the early vs later ZX7's did it.

and I hate the way 600-636's sound. :lol:
Probably because of that f***ing exhaust... That thing really is fucking terrible :lol:

Any time a semi interesting vehicle ends up at a loan/finance office as a repo word always gets to me about it though so that's how I found out about it, and that's how I got the teg and the mustang. :rolf:
How the hell does this work? Any time I find/buy something for cheap, it inevitably ends up being a piece of s*** :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Probably because of that f***ing exhaust... That thing really is f***ing terrible :lol:
It's just any inline 4 under 1000cc's in general, 1000s have a deeper tone, 600s sound like the prepubescent boy version of a sportbike. :lol:

How the hell does this work? Any time I find/buy something for cheap, it inevitably ends up being a piece of s*** :lol:
Because hicks aren't willing to do anything that requires any kind of effort. :lol:

And to be fair both the mustang and the teg were pieces of shit :rolf:

But basically the companies only want what was owed on them back out of them, they'll try to sell them for more and make a profit, but they also have a 30-60 day deadline that the vehicle HAS to be gone, so if you know someone who can... persuade people not to buy it until that time period is almost up, you can make a bare minimum offer and get it for next to nothing. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Just throwing around ideas for later because I know I'll forget :rolf:

I'm fairly certain that after two years of beating the s*** out of it, my Lifan is finally worn out. I used to be able to hang with stock Groms and cruise at 55-60, but now it's topping out at 52mph and takes forever to get there...

So I think after the Buell is back and the Integra is fixed (I've got someone to work it on, just need the time/money first), I'm gonna do a minit build on the C70, starting with one of these:

Could sell the frame, plastics, swingarm, etc... But it's an oil cooled 155, 17in front, USD forks and a disc setup.

Only problem with the fork setup is that I'd have to take the legshield off... Which I didn't want to do originally because of the exposed frame, but I think I'd be alright with a frame cover off of a CT90. Same s*** anyway :lol:

These are the ones that made me think about doing it.

94RS

No fucks given.
I gotta do something with a disc up front. It's gotten way sketchier than it was before. I think I probably just got used to how good the brakes on the XB are :rolf:

The more I look at Street Cubs though, it looks like I could just make my own disc adapter out of a piece of flat stock bolted to the axle with a spacer. :what:

CR85's use the same size wheel as a C70, I could pickup a front wheel, disc and caliper for under $100.

R13

The other asshole
I'd get a better caliper at least, dirt bikes have shitty brakes because you need weaker braking force to keep from just locking up the wheels in dirt and wiping out.

94RS

No fucks given.
I love the Thai StreetCub pages on FB. Can't understand a fucking thing they're saying, but they take damn good pics of what I'm looking for.

All of them have the same setup on the forks though, the external shocks on the forks. Luckily I found a company in the UK that sells them (along with extended swingarms), but idk if they'll ship to the US.

As for the dirtbike caliper sucking... I could probably find a two piston caliper from a Rebel for around $50 :what: