Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
I don't think that SX is set up completely for stunting yet, but this was before the flag paint :lol:

Normally he rides an 883 and a 12R with a Lightning tail.

94RS

No fucks given.
Shorter tail = better for stunt riding? :what:

I like Lightningbolts though :lol:

You like the R tail on an S, it works itself out :rolf:

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Yeah 'cuz the R tail looks proportionate. It's the proper tail, that's why it went on to the 1125r :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Yeah 'cuz the R tail looks proportionate. It's the proper tail, that's why it went on to the 1125r :lol:
It went onto the 1125, both R and CR, because HD cut their budget so short that they had to pull from the parts bin. The whole backstory is no more surprising than anything else that went on with Buell during HD's full ownership.

Basically after the XB's were doing so well, Erik Buell said he needed a watercooled engine for the new bike. HD offered the V-Rod engine (which should have been Buell's to begin with), Buell said it was too heavy for a sportbike, eventually they gave him the ok to source an engine from another manufacturer (Rotax) under the conditions that HD wouldn't have to spend a dime on it, and it couldn't be bigger than the V-Rod's displacement at the time (1130cc).

HD even went as far as making him redesign another fairing for the 1125. The patent drawing clearly shows the radiator pods of the 1125 with the Firebolt fairing.

R13

The other asshole
Harley r smert.

I never paid attention to how fucking ridiculous the old R1 tail was until now :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
I can see the meeting for that design right now....

Someone suggests using the old FZR tail

"Not pointy enough"

Perfect

R13

The other asshole
I should order as much black path shit as I can and have a chain of these bottle openers. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
That gas cap looks like a chunk of plastic.

Have you tried scratching the bottom to see how strong the "anodize" is?

R13

The other asshole
:lol:

I keyed the fuck out of it and nothing happened.

Still better than that stock replacement aftermarket shit that always looked like it wasn't shut good.

94RS

No fucks given.
Could be worse... You could have one that has a flap like the XB's that nobody ever seems to know how to put on right. It has the Buell logo on it for fucks sake :lol: