Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
Torn down on a twin? The hell...

Are they in the top of the cylinder?

I've decided if they're not here in 2 weeks I'm just fucking ordering the hotcams kit on Amazon or measuring out the shims I need and buying them individually from the dealership.

Then I'll either send the Chinese kit back, or fuckin' sell them on eBay or something.

94RS

No fucks given.
Not literally "torn down", but you do have to take off the whole airbox and air scoop. Then you barely have s*** for room behind the frame to get in there. It's more of a pain in the ass than it is hard.

I'd rather just save the headache and pay the guy that's been working on Buell's since the early 90s to do it :lol:

XB engine for reference.

Then you can work out how far it goes on my bike.

Compared to a Sportster.

R13

The other asshole
It actually worked for me :lol:

That looks like one of those "Here look how easy it is in this 3 minute video" "Oh cool I can do that" *4 hours later* "God damn piece of fucking SHIT!!!!!! " things :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
That looks like one of those "Here look how easy it is in this 3 minute video" "Oh cool I can do that" *4 hours later* "God damn piece of fucking SHIT!!!!!! " things :rolf:

This was my exact thought :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
4 hours, and a cross-threaded spark plug hole on the rear cylinder later* :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
It looked like a cunt to get a tap to though :lol: With some finesse you could use a wrench and a tap on the front.

94RS

No fucks given.
Even more reason to stick to my current mechanic that basically made my XB a new bike :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Wish I could've taken the F4 to a shop to have absolutely everything stripped, cleaned, and powder coated, but the hell with it... I could build a sick fucking XR sumo, and probably buy an RC for as much as that would cost. I'm not that invested in this bike :lol:

R13

The other asshole
:rolf:

One day I wanna take a 450 out on a frozen lake with studded tires... or an xrr, or a vmax :rolf: That's a bucket list goal. :lol: