Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
I don't know how I feel about belt driven wheels. Shit could snap unlike a chain, or maybe it can slide off if there's no guard and the tensioner fails?

94RS

No fucks given.
If your bike is so beat to shit that the tensioner fails, you've got much bigger problems seeing as it's pretty much a solid mount with a wheel on it.

R13

The other asshole
A chain is much more likely to snap than a belt, and because it's a big heavy chunk of steel it can take your fucking limbs with it.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
Didn't see the bolts, but then it's not adjustable, how do you adjust tightness? lol

I think I get it now. Buell is for lazy people that don't want to do a lot of maintenance :lol: lubing a chain is the easiest thing to do

R13

The other asshole
Well that, and the fact that chains wear out a lot faster on big fast bikes, unlike a dirtbike where if you keep it clean and lubed it'll last literally forever :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Oh look, someone that knows absolutely nothing about Buells is shitting on them. How original.

94RS

No fucks given.
I mean, if you really want to know how to adjust the tension... The answer is you don't.

The combination of the idler pulley (tensioner) and fixed rear axle, as in it doesn't move, was designed to keep perfect tension at all times so there is little to no maintenance required.... Which translates to more riding time because the bike isn't down.

R13

The other asshole
You telling us that rubber belts don't stretch?!

(As if rubber timing belts don't last 100k+ miles in a car) :lol:

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
Mine didnt, OR was lied to. New oem belt should last me a long time though.

I think simple maintenance is necessary to help educate one self about taking care of their own shit and having confidence in it as well

But I digress, my xr will never stop running :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
What I'm telling you is that there are plenty of XB's out there with 60-70k and the only work that's ever been done on them are oil changes and cleaning the K&N air filter.

Have belts snapped before? Of course.

Is it a major problem? Not at all considering there's Evo-engine Sportsters pushing 100k miles with the original belt.

R13

The other asshole
Meanwhile the F4 came to me with 22k on it, 4 seized links in the chain, and 3 teeth on the rear sprocket broken completely off. :lol: