Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
Clearly he didn't pay much attention when the translucent buells were coming out. :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Ah yeah true... been awhile since I had seen one in person :rolf:

Even then you can see that it's not a gas tank the way all that's made. The cap being welded down into the frame for one. :lol:

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
Honestly it seems like a bad idea to use the frame and swingarm to hold liquids in them, cuz rust, and structural integrity. But what do I know, tell me why I'm wrong

The see through air filter cover is pretty sweet though........

94RS

No fucks given.
Honestly it seems like a bad idea to use the frame and swingarm to hold liquids in them, cuz rust, and structural integrity. But what do I know, tell me why I'm wrong

The see through air filter cover is pretty sweet though........

Outer frame is powder coated, inside is lined like any other gas tank, and they're both really thick. Like if you knock on them, they barely make a "hollow" sound thick.

The basis for the XB/1125/1190 frames were developed all the way back in the 80s as a race bike.

They were actually supposed to be the original Harley VR1000, but Harley's cheap asses said the frames cost too much to make at the time and went with a more conventional superbike frame.... Which made the bike into a top heavy pos that couldn't corner :lol:

R13

The other asshole
As in take a buell engine and put it in a chopper frame?

It's an engine like any other, but rather than having a fuel tank, and an oil tank that are their own separate things, they are integrated into the chassis on buells. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
They put the engines in specially built frames that accommodate the mounting points.

Chrome thing under the seat is oil, gas is obvious.