Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
My hatred for CBR's grows stronger by the day. :lol:

People shit talk gixxers, I'll be the guy trashing fucking hondas. They're like the god damn chevy of motorcycles.

94RS

No fucks given.
I've never really heard anyone shit talk gixxers or CBR's, Buell on the other hand.... :lol:

R13

The other asshole
From now on, any time they're brought up you'll see me shit talking CBR's. :lol:

People can shit talk Harley's all they want... I'll take oil leaks over dead ecu's, fucked chains, all that shit.

If I ever get a job I might just buy a low rider s and call it a day.

94RS

No fucks given.
I'm actually really liking the new Sportster Roadster. Mid controls, USD forks, dual front disc. Think they start around 11k

And then in the options list they have rearsets, clip ons, bar end mirrors and a cafe style tail. This setup was priced at like $13k. Only thing it really needs is a flyscreen from a Blast.

R13

The other asshole
Sportsters are way too small for me though, even with rearsets.

I'm actually concerned that the dyna/low rider s is too small. This guy is about my height from the looks of it, maybe a couple of inches shorter and that thing is cleeearly too small. :lol:

I'm guessing a breakout/vrod with forward controls is what I'd need to be comfortable and happy, but the breakout makes 62-68hp stock, costs 20k, and the stage 4 kit to bump it up to 110ish-hp is an extra 5k.

So... vrod? :lol:

Only complaint with the vrod is they look boring as hell. Need lots of custom work to look to my suiting.

R13

The other asshole
Only works for 94 because he could almost look like that when he's in his 50s... and I imagine him still acting just like that 30 years from now. :lol:

R13

The other asshole
"What's the matter? Not man enough for a real bike?"

Remember when I said the dyna is probably too small for me? :lol:

I'm thinking if that 90lb midget can handle one I might need something a little bigger... :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
Put an XB12Ss (Lightning Long) seat and taillight on a Uly, both are direct bolt on, fit lower bars and call it a day.

R13

The other asshole
Looks like a big grom. :lol:

Honestly the F4 is short, but comfy for me, a firebolt will probably suffice, worst case scenario I have to get adjustable rearsets to get the leg angle right.

94RS

No fucks given.
Worst case, swap the peg mounts for Uly mounts. A hell of a lot cheaper, even buying new, and direct bolt on being that they're factory parts.

We had this discussion a few months ago :lol:

Look how far down the peg and brake pedal are mounted in relation to the belt tensioner pulley.

94RS

No fucks given.
Yup, it's only 3 Allen bolts that mount them to the frame above the heel protectors.

Both rider and passenger pegs are built into the one bracket on Uly's, so the passenger peg "hoops" (look at my bike) would need to be removed.

You'd also need the Uly shifter drop bracket, linkage and rear brake line (under $65 in parts NEW)

But its been done at least one time on an STT, and those come with XB-R/S peg brackets.