Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
Sweet, I'm still in love with the rsv4, I'm definitely getting one in the next 2-3 years, Such a beastly bike for 12k :drool:

OneFastGSR

R13 when can I power wash the shit out of my motor on the ktm? Once I got the cylinder/head back on and spark plug radiator hoses etc all connected? I want to spray the hell out of everything before I put the plastics and gas tank etc back on. I looked at a picture of how clean it use to be before I started riding it... Lol

OneFastGSR

Anyone else have any progress? Apprently my top end kit JUST shipped yesterday, Expected because labor day. Was really hoping it shipped out last week though. I want to get a Air box cover and exhaust plug so I can spray the hell out of my bike while I have the plastics off and get everything really clean again. Once I get the new top end installed I'm going to go get some gear oil, Engine ice, and than I should be good to go. I already got a case of amsoil dominator chillin in the garage. Got to get my new front tire installed still too, Lol. Installed new All balls racing rear wheel spacers/bearings also. I still need to do the front wheel bearings/spacers and get fork bleeders etc. I got a list. But i'm just doing one thing at a time as I get the money. What's everyone else up to with there bikes?

94RS

No fucks given.
Changed the plug and took my scoot back to the shop for them to adjust the carb. That's about it.

Crappy pic, but the plug was damn near a year old...

R13

The other asshole
Suppose I should make a contribution.

Cleaned the cylinder this morning, Cleaned & serviced the power valve and checked the cylinder wall, It's in spec.

OneFastGSR

You have a clean cylinder right thur, Lol here's my progress

Just gotta put gear oil in it, some gas, and crank it up. :D

OneFastGSR

Got my new dunlop mx51 mounted on the front yesterday, Put some belray gear oil in, and mixed some amsoil dominator and non enthanol gas. adjusted the chain. Just got to lube it after I warm up the chain and it's ready to ride! Probably going to track today hopefully, We'll see.

Also on the first start up on my first top end change. I was kicking it for awhile and nothing ever happened. Went inside to eat dinner. When I came back outside I kicked it once and it was running. It was pouring fuel out the carburator because the float needle was stuck, I undid the clamps around carb and turned it sides, Pulled the bottom off and removed the float, Sprayed carb cleaner in and put the float back in and put it all back together, Nomore leaking fuel and it's ready to go! Sounds real strong compared to how it was before the top end rebuild. I can't wait to ride it!