Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
:lol: Yeah that one.

Not really thinking as I'm mainly trying to focus on not hitting semis on the interstate :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
I drive hundreds of miles a day, and it's fucking boring.... At least I stay in my damn lane :lol: Most other people have their shit 3 inches from their face and swerve all over the place

R13

The other asshole
It's like people who can't talk on the fucking phone and drive... now I can't text/interact with my phone and drive for shit, it's even a bitch for me to change the music going through bluetooth :rolf: but I can drive a fucking manual and talk on the phone all day, it doesn't phase me at all.

Probably has to do with the fact that I talk to myself while driving all the fucking time :lol: but I've done that shit going all the way back to my early days of riding dirtbikes. Never affected my awareness in the slightest.

94RS

No fucks given.
It's like people who can't talk on the fucking phone and drive... now I can't text/interact with my phone and drive for shit, it's even a bitch for me to change the music going through bluetooth :rolf: but I can drive a fucking manual and talk on the phone all day, it doesn't phase me at all.

Probably has to do with the fact that I talk to myself while driving all the fucking time :lol: but I've done that shit going all the way back to my early days of riding dirtbikes. Never affected my awareness in the slightest.

By chance, did your bedroom happen to have padded walls when you were growing up?

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
I really like the look of the RC390, and it'd be comparable to my 450 in terms of power, slightly. And it's a cheap bike at ~$5500, and theres like $800 rebates on them until October 31st, but my boss is telling me to wait until after my probation period is over because it'll be a cheaper price with the employee price, but I want a 2016 390 specifically because I like the flush under belly exhaust. I know people that are fucking weird when it comes to power who absolutely cannot go to smaller class bikes, but thats not me. Like I said, it will still be a sweet bike to fuck around on lol

My boss was also telling me that the RC8 is coming back, but I don't see anything about that

We currently have a used 1198 SP with 3k miles that was pretty much only raced, so that's actually super interesting to me, but at $15.5k, I'm not sure :lol:

R13

The other asshole
That particular group of duc's were terrible bikes.

Reason being is that was when Ducati was first transitioning into the Thailand manufactured bikes so the 848 evo/1098/1198 were horribly unreliable.

I like the paint scheme though.

Also the 390 won't even be close as far as how the power feels, unless for some reason your 450 is weak as shit. I would say due to gearing and so forth the 390 would be similar to an xr650l with street gearing. Fast enough to be fun at times and do highway speeds, but nothing to brag about.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
Right, I understand that, tops out at like, what, 100? I just want something to split lanes to work and save on gas too, but still take it out in the hills

R13

The other asshole
It'd be good for that. I don't hate it per se... I just don't like how Ktm does things :lol:

I would own the fuck out of a 1290 super duke R though, I give them credit for pulling an early 2000s Honda and making a psycho torque monster.

94RS

No fucks given.
I really like the look of the RC390
They're pretty "meh," esecially that stupid f***ing headlight setup. Looks like it wants to be an early 90s GSXR 1100 without blatantly ripping off the design because they're scared of copyright laws.... Now, I like the old 1100s, but it doesn't look right on a fairly new GayTM.

and it'd be comparable to my 450 in terms of power, slightly.
It would be comparable to a 30 year old Ninja 500 :lol:

And it's a cheap bike at ~$5500, and theres like $800 rebates on them until October 31st, but my boss is telling me to wait until after my probation period is over because it'll be a cheaper price with the employee price
$5500 is cheap for a small, single cylinder bike? :lol:

but I want a 2016 390 specifically because I like the flush under belly exhaust.
Oh, you mean that thing that Buell patented back in the 80s? :roll:

I know people that are f***ing weird when it comes to power who absolutely cannot go to smaller class bikes, but thats not me.
Not yet. Ride that 120hp R6 for a while, and that 45hp KTM is gonna feel like a scooter in comparison.

Like I said, it will still be a sweet bike to f*** around on lol
For dirt cheap, sure. For $5k, not so much.

My boss was also telling me that the RC8 is coming back, but I don't see anything about that
How does an 1190 V-Twin even come into play when you're talking about a thumper and an R6? :lol:

We currently have a used 1198 SP with 3k miles that was pretty much only raced, so that's actually super interesting to me, but at $15.5k, I'm not sure :lol:

3k raced miles.... So that's like 40k street ridden miles.

R13

The other asshole
Actually, assuming the PO didn't ride the limiter and just senselessly beat the shit out of it, track miles are better than road miles because duc's don't like cruising around town. They vibrate too much and wear valves, drive, and suspension components out.

Kinda like how bogging out a Honda all the time makes it feel like the crank is about to fly out of it :lol:

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
lol I only mention the RC8 because thats what my boss said to me. Obviously I'd get a lower price on it, but compared to the Rebel 300/500, or the CB300/500, I'd take the RC390 over all of those. You'll shit on any bike I get so whats the point of convincing you guys? :lol: