Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
Actually, assuming the PO didn't ride the limiter and just senselessly beat the s*** out of it, track miles are better than road miles because duc's don't like cruising around town. They vibrate too much and wear valves, drive, and suspension components out.

Kinda like how bogging out a Honda all the time makes it feel like the crank is about to fly out of it :lol:
Opposite of the cruiser engine-based Buell then? :rolf:

lol I only mention the RC8 because thats what my boss said to me. Obviously I'd get a lower price on it, but compared to the Rebel 300/500, or the CB300/500, I'd take the RC390 over all of those. You'll s*** on any bike I get so whats the point of convincing you guys? :lol:
We're shitting on the bikes you mention because you're leaving yourself no room to grow. Bringing up the Rebel/CB and RC390 at the same time you brought up an R6 earlier..... It's usually go from noob bike (Rebel/CB/RC) to bigger bike (R6), not the other way around.

That's like me getting rid of my Firebolt for a Blast.... It doesn't make any fucking sense :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
If the only cool bike to you guys is Buell, I'm out

You realize most of the bikes I've owned were hondas, and most of my experience is with hondas and ducs, right? :lol:

Well, and yamahas, and one kawasaki, but we don't talk about that side of my motorcycle past... :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
Yeah, and I grew up on Kawasaki's (also have one) and Yamaha's, have a Honda, and the Buell....

We speak about Buells here because that's the only one that any of us own that are worth mentioning in this thread. It's insanely good at what it was designed to do, but since someone here wants to shit on it without even attempting to ride one.... They'll never know why Buell owners (not just me) love them as much as they do.

94RS

No fucks given.
Adding to that... This is a post from one of the groups I'm in on FB.

It's not the Buell group :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Buell's are the end-all-be-all "I want a reliable bike that I can put a shit ton of miles on without the valves taking a shit at 50k, but I also want a sportbike, and I'd prefer it be a torque-y twin because inlines are boring in comparison" bikes :lol:

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
I just want a fucking bike to split lanes down the highway, save gas, and still fuck around in the mountains. Literally any bike above 300 can do that, but I don't need a huge bike

R13

The other asshole
You're literally describing a buell :lol:

An xb9/xb12 (firebolt, or lightning. Take your pick)

Good gas mileage, small, can handle highway speeds all day because it's a modified Harley engine, and they handle incredibly well because they're short so they'll tear up the mountains.

94RS

No fucks given.
Buell's are the end-all-be-all "I want a reliable bike that I can put a s*** ton of miles on without the valves taking a s*** at 50k, but I also want a sportbike, and I'd prefer it be a torque-y twin because inlines are boring in comparison" bikes :lol:
Sportbike, streetfighter, dual sport, etc.... There were enough different versions of the same bike for however the hell you ride :lol:

Also buell's are cheap as f*** to buy, and own. :lol:
Unless you're me... :rolf:

I just want a f***ing bike to split lanes down the highway, save gas, and still f*** around in the mountains. Literally any bike above 300 can do that, but I don't need a huge bike
You're literally describing a buell :lol:

An xb9/xb12 (firebolt, or lightning or ulysses. Take your pick)

Good gas mileage, small, can handle highway speeds all day because it's a modified Harley engine, and they handle incredibly well because they're short so they'll tear up the mountains.

Added the one you forgot, but yes. Perfectly describing an XB :rolf: Erik designed them as canyon carvers. That's why they only top 135ish, but it's all torque and small wheelbase. So it can get through corners as fast as possible.

Hell, I read an old review of when the 9R had just come out. They put it against an R1 and the Buell disappeared in the corners. Even after the riders switched bikes, same result.

R13

The other asshole
No doubt you can make buell's expensive :lol:

But if you just leave it stock and make sure the oil pump gear doesn't sheer off and starve the bike you'll be good. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
No doubt you can make buell's expensive :lol:

But if you just leave it stock and make sure the oil pump gear doesn't sheer off and starve the bike you'll be good. :lol:
Apparently that failure was incredibly rare. I've heard something like 1/10th of 1% on the 03-05 bikes, so of course it happened to me, right? :rolf:

But the 06+ bikes came with the upgraded gear from the factory.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
Again, I want to buy from my shop, so Buell is off the table. What, should I just get an African Twin then?

R13

The other asshole
I mean if you're really willing to settle for a bike that doesn't suit your needs as well just to buy from your shop get a cbr650f or the 390, but it's like buying a base model rsx when a dc2 itr fits your purpose better.