Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
"I want a Corvette, but this Cavalier is readily available"

I think the SS is starting to rub off on me :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Idk if you've heard yet, but Harley wants to buy Ducati....

Already found a pic of the first concept on FB :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
I'd ride it :rolf:

Audi would never sell them. They have Lamborghini and all that, unless Harley is dumb as fuck and offers an absurd amount of money Audi won't let them go to an American company.

I'll take 10.

94RS

No fucks given.
I'd ride it :rolf:

Audi would never sell them. They have Lamborghini and all that, unless Harley is dumb as fuck and offers an absurd amount of money Audi won't let them go to an American company.

I'll take 10.

Remember that we're speaking of a company that hired a CEO who had never ridden a motorcycle in his life, and he axed Buell to focus on the "core" business (selling t-shirts and other HD branded accessories) because said CEO thought "nobody wants to ride a sportbike."

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
I do want to point out that pretty much only the Scramblers are made in Thailand (with the exception of the Monster 797 since it uses the same Scrambler motor). The rest is actually from Italy, which can be determined by the vin code.

Feels like I'm back in the beer industry in regards to the HD/Ducati situation. Constellation brands acquired Ballast Point, and Heineken acquired Lagunitas. For both these companies, nothing has changed. The parent companies aren't stepping in because both those breweries create so much revenue on their own, that nothing needs to be changed, unless theres a retard in charge. The biggest benefit of these acquisitions is that now these breweries can have pretty much worldwide distribution through the parent companies.

As for Harley Davidson/Ducati, that's going to be total fucked, and Ducati already has pretty much worldwide distribution on it's own and highlights 48 hour deliveries. WTF is HD going to do with them? So now it's an extra talking point at work, "I heard a rumor..."

94RS

No fucks given.
What is HD gonna do with Ducati? Easy answer.... Put way more chrome on the Diavel and mark it up another 15k, then most likely bring back the Ducati Indiana nameplate because it was a cruiser...

Yes, Ducati made a cruiser in the 80s. It looked like a damn Vulcan 750.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
Nice, L-twin goes back a long time. lol, a fucking X Diavel S is like $27k out the door, I cant imagine it being $40k. For twice the price you can get the Superleggara. We already got two new 2015 Diavel Carbon editions still on the floor that we have fuckin deep discounts on. $4600 off the top, so that brings it to like $19k out the door, and then the owner's discount throws another $2k off the top, so now its $17k OTD, and THREE times in a row, I had people offering $15k OTD. IDK wTF they're smoking, but that must be some good shit to try and get $8k off of a decent new bike,

94RS

No fucks given.
:lol: HD manages to sell the CVO specials at 35-40k regularly, and those are fucking chrome couches.

This shit lists for 41k on their website, so add however much for taxes and fees on top of that.

R13

The other asshole
I do want to point out that pretty much only the Scramblers are made in Thailand (with the exception of the Monster 797 since it uses the same Scrambler motor). The rest is actually from Italy, which can be determined by the vin code.

That may be so for the engine/chassis, but the 899 had many body parts and plastics from Thailand. One example would be the windscreen magnifying effect melting the gauge cluster, and the rear exhaust pipe cover warping and melting on the pipe because they were cheaply made in the Thailand factory.

None of the new duc's except perhaps the super laggera and the big expensive carbon fiber and titanium ones are fully Italian made.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
I'm still not sold on carbon fiber wheels. I think they're under a lot of stress, but I guess for people with money burning holes in their pocket, who gives a fuk

R13

The other asshole
CF wheels are meant for track application only, not potholes and daily wear 'n tear.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
Yes I know that, but even for track application it is enduring a ton of stress and if I'm not mistaken, there are some examples of snapped spokes on race bikes. Again, goes back to money. Guy will probably only race it anyways

R13

The other asshole
Yeah cf wheels are like chains, valves, tires, brake pads, etc... another "disposable" part meant to be replaced at regular intervals.

I wish they'd stop bringing that kind of shit into the regular consumer market.

It's like if Honda made an xr650r equivalent now days, you know it wouldn't be the good ol' reliable torque monster it was, there'd be shit like motocross bikes and so forth where rings, valves, bearings and other shit wore out every 2500-3000 miles. I'd rather have the older heavy pig because I don't wanna put up with that shit on something I'm not racing in a legitimate competition.

People have come to be too obsessed with wanting what the "pros" have.