Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OneFastGSR

Yeah i'm a wuss, It's been 20-50 degrees everyday, It's been in the garage, I got a new brake lever, pro taper grips and grip glue, About it. All new fluids for when it's warm again.

I'll probably pull it out around march and change all the fluids etc, I need to get a new rear tire for it also.

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
We got a bike thread and yet we still fill up the pages of other threads :lol:

Kurt, as you said a stretch/lowering add to the Ruck, and still leave them functional but some take it too low.

I love this bike, but he can barely lean it before he scrapes the frame and the lip on the 8" wide fatty rear wheel.

Whereas Iron Man here is just as long, but runs a normal 4" wide wheel in the back and the forks don't have the lowering kit (still lower than stockers though).

OneFastGSR

I wish it would be spring already, I always go in the garage and see my dirtbike just sitting there so pretty. I washed it good before I put it up for the winter. I just want to take it to the track. I can't wait... It's 10 degrees outside right now.. Lol

R13

The other asshole
I'd have a fat tire on a ruck just because the looks but other than that i'd keep it at a healthy height like the above.

I'm not trying to argue lol

All I'm saying is that you have to decide, Looks or function, A lowered bike may still go around corners but it can't physically do it as well as a stock height bike, Stretching simple means less turning radius, Both mods throw off suspension geometry, They'll still go in a straight line but on a circuit is where it all makes sense, Say you come into a corner hot and you lean in but it's not enough to make it, If the geometry is off your tires won't be planted and when you use your brakes it's hello mr. Sand pitt.

If all you want is to cruise, Drag race and do wheelies then it will be ok for that.

You have to remember too, I'm a very competitive rider, I like to race, It's just my style, I'm all about getting the most from my bike and using it to it's full potential, Going fast in a straight line? Easy mode, As long as you have a steering damper you can do 150+ all day on a straight road with one hand.

Not hating on what you want I just didn't know if you were aware of how that affects the bike, Can't let a homie go mis-informed. :thumbs up

Sent from my toaster

OneFastGSR

I'm the same way, R13. Am I going to stance a car? Hell no it gives no function at all in any shape way or form. It's just looks and destroys your car. I will never do that. But a stretch on a bike does give function, Drag racing etc it gives alot of function, If I was going to do a drag race i'd stretch it and put straps on the front, You won't do any wheelies and you'll hook and go. If I was going to goto a circuit track, I put the stock length on it and remove the straps. If the stretch had no function at all and made you scrape like a stanced car, I'd never in my life own a stretched bike. But stretching it has a function in it's own ways. You're looking at it from a circuit point of view. Atleast that's the way i'm reading it. Lol. The steering damper thing, Never ever ever ever will I go without one again after that incident on the freeway. Pretty sure I was looking at death, I was trying to think of ways to take the impact I saw coming, First I was looking under a 18 wheeler with 0 control so I leaned the other way and took a hard left and almost hit the wall and so I leaned to the right really hard, All while tank slapping at 140 mph. My knees were sore for days from hitting the gas tank, I could hear my front tire skidding cause it would get stuck to the right for a second, than stick to the left, Then when the wheel wasn't caught on one side it'd be going back and fourth stupid fast. I was holding the grips really really hard and wouldn't let go cause I was scared shitless, My arms were like limp noodles for a couple days. It was just crazy.. I'll never forget that

R13

The other asshole
The guy on the S-thousand wasn't trying.... lol

I know someone in their 30's who's been riding their whole life and racing sportbikes since the days of the old SRAD, He has had as far as I know, An SRAD, A K5 gsxr 1000, A K6 gsxr 750, A K7 gsxr 1000 and a 2012 Repsol fireblade, He recently bought an s1000 and borrowed an 1199s panigale (195hp) and rode it for a whole week, He finds the panigale "slow" vs the s1000, The Panigale is more brutal vs the s1000 in terms of smoothness, The panigale has a jerky throttle but the s1000 is quite noticeably faster, The ol' 07 fireblade's got nothing on the s-thousand. :lol:

When you and your brother got your bikes all readied up, Once I pick up my rsv4 we should hit the track, No practice, Nothing. Losers have to plasti dip their bikes pink and wear girls leathers for 3 months :lol:

Sent from my toaster

R13

The other asshole
:rolf:

Either they lost or they bought the wrong gear :lol:

Pink bikes... eh, I'd rock pink accents for s***s and giggles from time to time. But mostly only for things like breast cancer events and stuff with plenty of chicks just to get a laugh.

Not on an rsv4 though, That s***s serus bidness. :lol:

Sent from my toaster

R13

The other asshole
I know! Ungh...

If I weren't in love with the rsv's engine so much I wouldn't be able to stop myself from getting a new fireblade, The 2014 should be even sexier too once they add some little details here and there.

Sent from my toaster

96GSRteg

Tyler
Tucked down by the stairs there is an 80s cx650. Turbo charged and fuel injected from the factory!

Sent from my toilet

94RS

No fucks given.
Tucked down by the stairs there is an 80s cx650. Turbo charged and fuel injected from the factory!

Sent from my toilet
Kawasaki beat everyone else by about 5 years in creating the first turbo motorcycle....

Unfortunately it was unreliable as shit since they just took a KZ1000 Z1R (my all time favorite bike) and slapped a turbo kit on without any mods to handle the boost :lol: