Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
Are the rocker arms from your old head interchangeable with that head? The way the hole is offset for the adjuster screw makes me uneasy :lol:.

94RS

No fucks given.
I wouldn't even know where the hell to start looking for them... I guess I'll just pull the head and work down tomorrow. Hopefully the screw and nut didn't fall into the crankcase...

The rocker arms won't swap since it's a different cam in there now.

R13

The other asshole
I don't think it could get into the cylinder, Biggest worry would be that it went through a oil drain hole into the crank case.

94RS

No fucks given.
So it's fully ripped apart... Again. That damn screw and nut nowhere to be found.

Oil drained, no metal shavings. Only thing I can think is to pull the the motor off, pick it up and shake it upside down a bit then feel around with a telescoping magnet.

And if that doesn't work, I think I'm pretty fucked :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
I remember tightening both of them :lol:

There was an obvious rattle when I was tuning the jets, didn't think it woulda been this shit though.

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
How big are the oil drains? On a 450 they're not big enough for a standard 8-10mm bolt to slip through.

Sent from my toaster

R13

The other asshole
Hmm, It shouldn't have been able to get out of the head, Should've been trapped up there, I would just do like you said and as well if it's kickstart ( I assume it is) Just use your hand while the head is off and turn it real slow to see if it catches on anything and if it checks out it has to have just slipped away at some point.

Sent from my toaster

94RS

No fucks given.
Shook the engine a bit forward, showed up in the case right under the piston/rod area...

No marks on it at all, so I'm hoping I got lucky and it didn't fuck anything up...

94RS

No fucks given.
Test fit of the seat frame after being lowered.

Gotta take it back off tomorrow and repaint it. Then as it's drying put back on the engine, exhaust, footrest, and add oil. HOPEFULLY by then it'll be good to go...

R13

The other asshole
The f***

I think he was going for a convertable but ended up with a scooter.

Sent from my toaster