Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
I get the excuse from them that because it's Florida that its too hot to wear a helmet or gloves/jacket/jeans.

R13

The other asshole
My AGV legitimately is cooler than not wearing one, Air channels mixed with the sun not actually hitting your skin and the armored mesh gear I used to have on my cbr was cooler that normal clothes, Just don't buy cheap s*** and you'll be comfy. :lol:

Of course I understand not everyone's willing to drop 1500-3k on gear but there's some good mid range stuff out there, I just pay more because the high end stuff is lightweight/Protective and has the looks.

...And because I like not having the same gear as everyone else :mrgreen:

94RS

No fucks given.
Even normal jeans are better than f***ing board shorts though :lol:

And that AFX I picked up a few months ago has great ventilation, not so much where you're blinded unless you squint, but not that little where you sweat your ass off :lol:

Even those damn Mechanix impact gloves I bought are better than bare skin in the event of a spill... Which they are pretty well ventilated for what they are.

R13

The other asshole
I use just regular mechanix gloves on dirt, They don't have any impact protection but they don't shred up, I use leather gauntlet style gloves with knuckle plates (Including thumb, Very important) on the road

As for jeans. D:

R13

The other asshole
That picture was taken almost a year after the wreck, Brittany Morrow is her name, Her story is somewhere out there, But yeah.. Jeans are basically the same as nothing at all...

R13

The other asshole
I don't know if I could live with myself if I let my girl ride along and something like that happened, Even if I got hurt worse.

Sent from my toaster

treeafodo

Austin
Yeah same here. When the time comes that I get a bike my girlfriend will definitely not be riding with me until she has full gear.

SoundEfx

One of the reasons I never have a passenger on my bike is because I don't want the responsibility.
Not that I am a bad rider, but as we all know, cagers are idiots sometimes.

So if something happens to my passenger because of some idiot in a car, my friends have the bail money in the bank.
Why? Because I'll be wooping that driver's azz.

SoundEfx

Wow.
Not sure if the car stopped or not, but in either case:
1. Watch where you're going.
2. He didn't even try to turn. You need to have good reflexes when you're riding.