Bringing this ej8 back to life

94RS

No fucks given.
:wtf:

I didn't notice before, but what's up with the non-VTEC head? I thought you said it had a D16Y8?

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
:wtf:

I didn't notice before, but what's up with the non-VTEC head? I thought you said it had a D16Y8?
Yeah it stumped me too at first. Then I ran the cast numbers on the head. Its a d16y8 block on a d15b7 head. Little bit confused why he replaced a VTEC head with a non VTEC...

" I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me. "

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast

" I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me. "

94RS

No fucks given.
Well... That's just about the dumbest thing I've seen someone do. Time to B swap :lol:

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Yeah, only think I can think of is he was going for a low compression boost but lost interest in the car. And there is literally no b series around here. I called every salvage yard within 100 miles and they all said they haven't had a b series in over a year. And there prices were like $700-800 for a b1 and $1200 for a c1....and I'm like super balling on a budget at the moment

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
$800 for a B1? :lol: I got my B20 for $600/shipped
Exactly, that's why I'm still running a b1 in my integra. By the time I buy the motor and labor, I'd be easier to go buy a gsr

94RS

No fucks given.
It helps if you know people. I had my broken engine removed, new engine, all new mounts, axles, and new radiator installed for $500 from one of the mechanics I work with.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
It helps if you know people. I had my broken engine removed, new engine, all new mounts, axles, and new radiator installed for $500 from one of the mechanics I work with.
Very nice. And I'm smelling unburnt gas when driving. (Just went around the block in it) I think its an injector. Any ideas on what else it could be? (Has new plugs and wires so I know its firing)

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Quick question, since it has a d15b7 head shouldn't it have the p2e ecu instead of p2p? Could be what's causing the access fuel

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Just find a y8 head to throw on there they are cheap as hell. They didn't swap the head for a low compression turbo build, they did it because they couldn't find the correct head to replace the old one. Unless they are a complete retard.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Just find a y8 head to throw on there they are cheap as hell. They didn't swap the head for a low compression turbo build, they did it because they couldn't find the correct head to replace the old one. Unless they are a complete retard.
Yeah I have never mix and matched heads and it confused the hell out of me. I have the p2e computer in the back seat, if that works I'll use it until I can get a y8 head

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
That's at idle. It's 20x worse if you give it any gas