Bringing this ej8 back to life

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Looks blackish.

If the ecu isn't a fit your way too rich for that s***ty nonvtec head.

Get an aftermarket fpr and adjust it to oem d15b7 specs. That will remedy the situation for the time being till funds arrive.

In the meantime, pour 2 caps of seafoam into each cylinder directly to unseize and stuck compression or oil rings. Or just remove carbon build in general. Let it sit over a weekend and fire it up. Let it sit at idle for 30 mins or pour some into the gas and crank case and take it for a short drive at night.

Then see if the smoke thins out a bit.

Edit: d16y8s do not come with VTEC valve covers, the only indication is the VTEC solenoid.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Very sure they all run the same fuel pressure, as they both also run the same injectors. Same with Integras. Also, burning coolant and water is the same as steam cleaning parts, there probably isn't much buildup left in those cylinders.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Very sure they all run the same fuel pressure, as they both also run the same injectors. Same with Integras. Also, burning coolant and water is the same as steam cleaning parts, there probably isn't much buildup left in those cylinders.
Idk man, when I first bought my 91 civic, it didn't burn oil. Just coolant from a seeping headgasket. Then after I parked it over the winter it started burning oil and wouldn't quit even after seafoaming 3rds, gas, Booster, and crank case. I had to actually put caps in the cylinders to crack the oil rings loose.

Still burns coolant, hg replacement is still on the back burner loss...

BTW, never put that stop leak shit in your engine. It does more harm than good. The only miracle fix in a bottle is seafoam and it's practically kerosene and alcohol.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Looks blackish.

If the ecu isn't a fit your way too rich for that s***ty nonvtec head.

Get an aftermarket fpr and adjust it to oem d15b7 specs. That will remedy the situation for the time being till funds arrive.

In the meantime, pour 2 caps of seafoam into each cylinder directly to unseize and stuck compression or oil rings. Or just remove carbon build in general. Let it sit over a weekend and fire it up. Let it sit at idle for 30 mins or pour some into the gas and crank case and take it for a short drive at night.

Then see if the smoke thins out a bit.

Edit: d16y8s do not come with VTEC valve covers, the only indication is the VTEC solenoid.
Well I have a p2p ecu which was the d16y8 and a p2e which was the d15b7. The p2p ran fine, the p2e surged when you opened the gas and the idle was super hella low. I worked out a deal with my buddy, he has a motor that's a spare to his civic hatch is selling it to me cheap. Instead of making it a money pit with that wore out motor, I'll just swap them and be over with.

" I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me. "

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Idk man, when I first bought my 91 civic, it didn't burn oil. Just coolant from a seeping headgasket. Then after I parked it over the winter it started burning oil and wouldn't quit even after seafoaming 3rds, gas, Booster, and crank case. I had to actually put caps in the cylinders to crack the oil rings loose.

Still burns coolant, hg replacement is still on the back burner loss...

BTW, never put that stop leak s*** in your engine. It does more harm than good. The only miracle fix in a bottle is seafoam and it's practically kerosene and alcohol.
I don't put anything in my engine except air and gasoline, and oil for lubrication. If it's burning oil or leaking oil, I rebuild and replace.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Went and picked up a d16y5 vtec-e motor. Got tired of having a lawn decoration :D

" I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me. "

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Out with the old one. Dropped the new one in. Just have to do wiring, starter, and alternator. Didn't get a pic because it was dark but I will in the morning

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Got dine and she runs. Waiting to get a ecu and have it flashed

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Just hooked it up to a computer and properly tuned it and got the right ecu

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Not tuned the ecu, tuned the timing. we plugged it in and it was reading -1.5 to -3 on the scanner in timing. Adjusted the distributor and it's reading at +15 now. Done all the cel and put the HK ecu in it :)

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
So I let my integra go. Sold it to my brother and that freed up money to put in the civic. New battery and cild air intake. Touching up the paint and putting my tag on it monday