Bugjuice`s 97 RS

BugJuice

Shifter Install! urgh...

So recently I was able to finish the install of my B&M short shifter. As I like to call it b****& Misery(B&M) shifter. I got this shifter a while ago and everything went great with the install until the instructions required a part that I didn't have. A joint collar that went in between the shifter, this piece is an OEM piece. I came to the conclusion that my shifter wasn't the stock shifter. It was a knock off shifter and instead of a collar it had a bearing pressed into it. So I went over to the hardware store to find a tube that would fit perfectly into the hole to use as a collar because the collar is basically just a tube. I found one that came close but not firm enough, it had to much play in it.

So to have a car for now I put in my old shifter. The bushings were completely crunched, leaving a gap between the shifter and the shifter and when I tightened it up it "bowed the change rod because of the gap.(which I found about later.)

(Not my picture. Pulled of internet.)

(You can see how bent the bar was here.)
Then I went to a salvage yard. I got the guy to take the shifter out of a older civic because it has the same shift linkage and etc. The guy up front said he would have to sell me it as a whole and it would be 30 bucks. I was like F UUUUU! Then I went to a pick a part. The cars were completely stripped and it was automatic....

So i said F it and order the OEM collar. It was 10 bucks then another 10 for shipping I was like are you kidding me its a small tube.... with that I also ordered new bushings for the linkage so it would have smoother shifts.

Ok, the parts come in the mail now. I go to install them and everything is good. I go to tighten a bolt connecting the change rod to the transmission and I over tighten it and the bolt breaks. So I get my dad to extract the broken bolt because I didn't want to mess it up. To get a clean shot for the drill to extract the bolt I had to drop the exhaust.

Luckily we get that bolt out. So piece everything together. And now i have that problem of the bent and bowed change rod head. I beat it with a hammer and tweak it with pliers and finally get a bolt to go into it. The bolt went in sideways it was so tweaked but somehow it ended up working.

The shifer sits a little lower that my old one. The throw is quicker and smoother, but was it worth it? Noo! I am happy with the result though.

MFBATZ

Reddit is fun.
lookin good bro. man, i need to finish my teg soon...everyone is getting shit done so fast lol

BugJuice

lookin good bro. man, i need to finish my teg soon...everyone is getting s*** done so fast lol
hah no need to rush. when you rush that's when things mess up. trust me id know. like trying to get the car ready before going to work.... then i run into problems, as you saw. Had to whip out the skateboard and do tre flips on the way to work. :)

BugJuice

Rear seat delete.

So today I decided to take out my back seats for weight reduction and for the sheer fact I dont have to carry passengers. :no:

Before

After

BugJuice

Hood Dampers came in the mail yesterday! :D

Quick and easy install. Cleans up the bay.

Opening the hood is awesome!

mjones73

Did you re-route the release cable too? Move it so they can't get to it from the fender well...

Clean looking car btw.

BugJuice

Clean car dude, good stuff, I need to get viper as well -___-
Get it. Don't want someone breaking in. Even though if someone really wants it they will take it and tow it. That's why painting it could be bad. Aha. Makes it more attractive.