Car Care/Detailing Thread

94RS

No fucks given.
The Torq X has a solid 4/4.5 rating between the 200 or so reviews split between the single polisher and the two available kits. Worth taking a chance at $140. :what: There's also a 10FX which is supposed to be a mid model between the X and 22D, but I didn't feel like spending the extra $20 since money is still tight. Holidays, bills, etc.

Amazon's pricing makes no fucking sense though, the 10FX by itself: $195. In a kit: $161. The 22D by itself: $315, in a kit: like $230 :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
Their hexlogic pads are supposed to be pretty good, and it’s kinda hard to fuck up a microfiber towel :rolf:

I definitely wouldn’t use any of their actual “products” though :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Stop pressing so damn hard to make the pads stop moving, and you won’t have to worry about how long they last :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
So I setup everything to start washing the SS, annnnddd my pressure washer started pissing out of the bottom as soon as I turn on the water. Turns out the manifold is cracked. Luckily the warranty is still good for another year, but I've gotta wait til Tuesday to call them since they don't do online warranty claims for some stupid fucking reason....

For the time being, I picked up one of those $12 car wash nozzles from HF since I want to get the detailing shit done this weekend :lol: . Also picked up Mothers' Speed Clay 2.0, haven't heard much about it, but supposedly it's a hell of a lot faster than a traditional clay bar.

R13

The other asshole
Just use extra caution when using a wash mitt. Rinse it out twice as much as you normally do since you don’t have as much blasting pressure :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Well yeah, it doesn’t do suds :lol:

If you fill up the cup to the 1oz mark with soap the water is still filmy with soap though so as long as you keep it soaked during the process it gets the job done.

I’m planning on getting a greenworks 1500psi washer and a TriNova cannon probably after Christmas.

94RS

No fucks given.
I've just been spoiled as fuck with thick foam for the past few years :lol:

Can't comment on that foam cannon since it looks like a variation of everything else, but I wouldn't get a 1500psi pressure washer if I were you. I believe the one I had from Harbor Freight was 1650psi, and even that made the foam a bit thin compared to the Karcher I have (1800psi). I'd say minimum for a decent foam would be 1700psi, which you can get a Sun Joe 1740psi washer for around $100.

R13

The other asshole
It’s all about the soap you use.

I know you probably think he’s annoying, but the Dallas Paint Correction & Auto Detailing guy I link videos from all the time has a ton of useful videos because it’s zero fucking bullshit with him. He talks a lot :lol: but he knows his shit, and he’s been using the very same greenworks 1500psi washer I’m looking at for about a year in his home and professional environment with as good and better results than those because he tries so many different products.

That’s how I learned about Meg’s ultimate fast finish and that shits been working great on the truck’s 20yo sensitive black paint.

94RS

No fucks given.
I've seen videos from that cocksucker before. Guy tried saying that the Mothers Powerball, that thing I use all the time, isn't worth a shit while barely putting any effort into using it and cried about it falling apart....

Nevermind the fact that he completely skipped over the fact that you're supposed to keep the powerball moist (with water) when using a paste polish like Mag & Aluminum... Which was used in said video.